Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
User avatar
LittleMissNyan
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Division: B
State: MD
Location: Great Plateau

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by LittleMissNyan » February 13th, 2020, 11:28 am

MadCow2357 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:23 am
Assassinator wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 9:14 am
As more people found their bearings and rushed over to the new center of attention, dxu46 cried out in surprise. A paper plate had been flung at him, not unlike a frisbee. Glancing around, he caught a glimpse of a figure in a dark, jaggedly cut cloak, before they disappeared back into the shadows.

Written on the plate:

ORPEQ/ORPEQ TL2TI2TI2P3 LOH2TI2TIP3
mix it up
Bearings = vehicle event?
jaggedly - jaggie34?
First thought was bearings = pretty sure I remember that's a Road Scholar thing
Ultimate Frisbee?
Poyo! (^-^)

Mission Possible ?/1/-/-
Game On 5/2/-/-
Heredity 6/6/-/-
Road Scholar 7/-/-/-
Write It Do It ?/-/-/-

National Cathedral School/Oakdale/Regionals/States

Image

User avatar
lindsmaurer
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by lindsmaurer » February 13th, 2020, 12:14 pm

LittleMissNyan wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:28 am
MadCow2357 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:23 am
Assassinator wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 9:14 am
As more people found their bearings and rushed over to the new center of attention, dxu46 cried out in surprise. A paper plate had been flung at him, not unlike a frisbee. Glancing around, he caught a glimpse of a figure in a dark, jaggedly cut cloak, before they disappeared back into the shadows.

Written on the plate:

ORPEQ/ORPEQ TL2TI2TI2P3 LOH2TI2TIP3
mix it up
Bearings = vehicle event?
jaggedly - jaggie34?
First thought was bearings = pretty sure I remember that's a Road Scholar thing
Ultimate Frisbee?
Bearings is also a glm thing
Solon HS/DMAH

Sassy #137
Rocks, Road, MystArch, Dynamic, Herp
Circuits (1, 1, 2), Road (1, 1, 13),  MystArch (2, 1, 17), Herp, Buggy
Circuits (3, 2, 7), Detector (7, 4, 2, 7), Code (9, 4, 2, 4), Sounds (2), Gravity (7)

roykim
Member
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: June 14th, 2017, 2:10 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: Summoner's Rift

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by roykim » February 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm

First time doing this so not sure if this is possible but I noticed from the initial post to the thread two things:

First, "A muffle scream, halting the interrogation."
This sentence seems to be missing a letter "D" following "muffle".

Second, "The emergency lights flickered one, twice then went out."
This sentence seems to be missing a letter "C" in the middle of "one".

Not sure if these are simple typos or possibly clues?
Perhaps referencing a school in Washington DC?
Chattahoochee High School
Codebusters
Dynamic Planet
Fossils
Geologic Mapping
Machines
Roykim's Userpage

User avatar
Assassinator
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 2
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 8:02 am
Division: Grad

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by Assassinator » February 13th, 2020, 4:32 pm

roykim wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm
First time doing this so not sure if this is possible but I noticed from the initial post to the thread two things:

First, "A muffle scream, halting the interrogation."
This sentence seems to be missing a letter "D" following "muffle".

Second, "The emergency lights flickered one, twice then went out."
This sentence seems to be missing a letter "C" in the middle of "one".

Not sure if these are simple typos or possibly clues?
Perhaps referencing a school in Washington DC?
Nope, just typos.
Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name
Deaths: Tailsfan101, SilverBreeze

poslhmllbueqtapxdmwmcTNMDAJR

User avatar
SilverBreeze
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: November 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Crying somewhere.

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by SilverBreeze » February 13th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Remember to look at sassy's sig. Looks a bit like the clue. Sassy, I am allowed to help with kill clues, right?

For future reference, if the signature changes:

OXKLCPKWVIEXEQG
Troy SciOly 2019-2020
Suzanne SciOly 2016-2019
OC Regionals events: Water Quality, Forensics, Ornithology
Notice the lack of Dynamic Planet above.

User avatar
BennyTheJett
Member
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm
Division: C

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by BennyTheJett » February 13th, 2020, 7:09 pm

I think Jaggie would be a good protect for the car event talk.
I enjoy Dynamic Planet.

User avatar
LittleMissNyan
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Division: B
State: MD
Location: Great Plateau

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by LittleMissNyan » February 14th, 2020, 9:34 am

Is ORPEQ/ORPEQ a spelled-out fraction or something else? The only numbers I would see that would fit are three, seven and eight

What are we 'mixing up'?
Poyo! (^-^)

Mission Possible ?/1/-/-
Game On 5/2/-/-
Heredity 6/6/-/-
Road Scholar 7/-/-/-
Write It Do It ?/-/-/-

National Cathedral School/Oakdale/Regionals/States

Image

User avatar
Creationist127
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: August 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Location: The Wild Area

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by Creationist127 » February 14th, 2020, 11:44 am

LittleMissNyan wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 9:34 am
Is ORPEQ/ORPEQ a spelled-out fraction or something else? The only numbers I would see that would fit are three, seven and eight
If it is, it equals one... so idk. It doesn't look like a straight scramble, either... who here is good at Codes?
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, WIDI, Wright Stuff, Machines

It's not science if you don't glue your hand to it at least three times.

User avatar
SilverBreeze
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: November 28th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Crying somewhere.

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by SilverBreeze » February 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Reminiscent of 140: Walmart Hide-and-Seek(Link: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15342)
Waffletree was sassy that game and died in the opening scene, tackled by amk, who accused them that game.
Assassinator wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 9:20 am
As I went to attack the person hiding behind the pillows, amk578 tackled me. Ah nuggets.

Aighttt great game everyone, hope y'all enjoyed it, I tried to make this game a bit better than my last one...

Just wanna let everyone know - (thanks amk578 for pointing this out) I wasn't aware that I started this game a few days after the El Paso Walmart shooting, and this game was NOT meant to be a mockery of it, and the game's theme wasn't inspired by the recent shootings.
And given that the previous game was titled Deja Vu, I see some potential connections.

Also might want to check 1000 Ways to Get Kicked out of Walmart.
Troy SciOly 2019-2020
Suzanne SciOly 2016-2019
OC Regionals events: Water Quality, Forensics, Ornithology
Notice the lack of Dynamic Planet above.

User avatar
LittleMissNyan
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Division: B
State: MD
Location: Great Plateau

Re: Scioly Assassination 146: A Superstore By Any Other Name

Post by LittleMissNyan » February 15th, 2020, 6:06 am

Very confused and have to go soon so probably won't be able to post before the deadline but don't want to take a protect from anyone if they have better ideas.... idk is it Madcow?

EDIT: Orrrrr maybe I will be able to post. Yeah I protect MadCow2357 because I'm probably wrong and it is ball bearings and I have no idea how to solve the cipher
Poyo! (^-^)

Mission Possible ?/1/-/-
Game On 5/2/-/-
Heredity 6/6/-/-
Road Scholar 7/-/-/-
Write It Do It ?/-/-/-

National Cathedral School/Oakdale/Regionals/States

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Posting Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests