Think Different the Ninth: I Just Can’t Wait!

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
HugoTroop
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: KS
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Think Different the Ninth: I Just Can’t Wait!

Post by HugoTroop » July 27th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Welcome back again! Might as well get another one of these going. For previous games, see
#8, #7, #6, #5, #4, #3, #2, and #1.

The Rules:
1. You have 10 questions that you try to guess a correct answer for.
2. The catch is that the goal is to get the fewest number of points. The way you earn points is for each correct answer you give, you will earn the number of points equal to the number of people who guessed that answer. So, for instance, if your answer to Question 1 is Thomas Jefferson and 3 other people guessed that answer, you would earn 4 points for that question (1 for yours and 3 for the others). If you get the answer wrong, you earn the number of points equal to the number of participants plus 5 points (i.e. if there are 13 participants, you get 18 points). The best attainable score is 10 points.
3. There are two bonuses you could use to replace an answer: DROP and SHEEP. DROP means you earn 1 point for that question. SHEEP means you earn the number of points equal to the answer that the most people answered. So for instance, if the correct answers were A, B, C, and D, and 7 people guessed A, 6 people guessed B, 3 people guessed C, and 2 people guessed D, then the people who said SHEEP would earn 7 points for the answer (your SHEEP doesn't count as an answer and doesn't affect the others' scores). You get only 1 of each bonus if you so choose to use them. It is advised that you use DROP before SHEEP. Again, you don't have to use
4. PM me your responses by Tuesday, 11 August, 11:00 CDT. Any answers PMed after that point will not be considered.
5. Make sure not to cheat, please. Cheating is defined as letting other users know what your answers are before the deadline is reached. For this game, you may use any sources to find your answers (i.e. the wiki, Google, etc.).
6. Users can change their answers before the due date arrives, but after the due date, answers may not be changed.

HugoTroop
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Re: Think Different the Ninth: I Just Can’t Wait!

Post by HugoTroop » July 28th, 2020, 12:23 am

The questions for this round
1. Name a Scioly.org Wiki page that is over 100,000 bytes as of the time of writing.
2. Name a Science Olympiad state that does not have official regions/regional tournaments as of the 2020 season.
3. Name a mountain range partially or completely within the land territory of the Russian Federation. Sub-ranges will be counted as part of their constituent range.
4. Name a serially-produced aircraft designed by McDonell-Douglas whose name is prefixed by “MD-“. Only major design series will be counted, not subvariants.
5. Name a European nation which was neither occupied nor a combatant in the Second World War.
6. Name a staff position which currently has at least one member.
7. Name a Tom Clancy book written prior to the year 2000, not inclusive.
8. Name any user who was killed in Assassination #149 as of the time of writing.
9. Name one of these six words.
10. Name a year model in which the Toyota Camry was produced.

Good luck and have fun!

HugoTroop
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Post by HugoTroop » July 28th, 2020, 12:57 am

Clarification for Question 10:

I realize that the term “year model” may have various different meanings and interpretations. As such, the possible answers will be selected from the list here: https://www.valulinecars.com/content/to ... enerations

HugoTroop
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Post by HugoTroop » August 1st, 2020, 11:04 pm

One more slight clarification, the game ends at 11:00 PM CDT (23:00 CDT) on 11 August, just in case there was any confusion (also shameless self-promotion: please play!)

Return to “Posting Games”