Codebusters C

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
Post Reply
User avatar
azboy1910
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 115
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Division: B
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Contact:

Codebusters C

Post by azboy1910 » September 11th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Ok, let's get this marathon started!

Decrypt the following aristocrat that starts with "t" and ends with "e":

KLAM TJRZHBAE LJM XHHR J TUHKKF UCWSL KABH NCU HOHUFCRH. TUCTM KC KLCMH YLC YHUH MKAGG JXGH KC VHHT J TCMAKAOH JKKAKWZH.

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Codebusters C

Post by jimmy-bond » September 12th, 2020, 3:17 am

azboy1910 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 8:27 pm
Ok, let's get this marathon started!

Decrypt the following aristocrat that starts with "t" and ends with "e":

KLAM TJRZHBAE LJM XHHR J TUHKKF UCWSL KABH NCU HOHUFCRH. TUCTM KC KLCMH YLC YHUH MKAGG JXGH KC VHHT J TCMAKAOH JKKAKWZH.
this pandemic has been a pretty rough time for everyone. props to those who were still able to keep a positive attitude. Decrypt this aristocrat:
CWERKNERC N GQRKRSA KW DR VS WPKWGOC. DOK KBRS GRWGHR VQR HNDR 'AVQQRS, DBVK'QR LWO AWNST?' VSA N FOCK CNK KBRQR VSA HVOTB DRUVOCR KBRL'QR SWK UWWH RSWOTB KW DQ VS WPKWGOC VSA N'E FOCK HNDR 'BVB LWO'QR FOCK FRVHWOC DRPVOCR LWO'QR SWK VS WPKWGOC.'
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

User avatar
azboy1910
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 115
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Division: B
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by azboy1910 » September 12th, 2020, 6:54 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 3:17 am
azboy1910 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 8:27 pm
Ok, let's get this marathon started!

Decrypt the following aristocrat that starts with "t" and ends with "e":

KLAM TJRZHBAE LJM XHHR J TUHKKF UCWSL KABH NCU HOHUFCRH. TUCTM KC KLCMH YLC YHUH MKAGG JXGH KC VHHT J TCMAKAOH JKKAKWZH.
this pandemic has been a pretty rough time for everyone. props to those who were still able to keep a positive attitude.
Correct! Your turn!

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 813
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by Tailsfan101 » September 12th, 2020, 10:36 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 3:17 am

Decrypt this aristocrat:
CWERKNERC N GQRKRSA KW DR VS WPKWGOC. DOK KBRS GRWGHR VQR HNDR 'AVQQRS, DBVK'QR LWO AWNST?' VSA N FOCK CNK KBRQR VSA HVOTB DRUVOCR KBRL'QR SWK UWWH RSWOTB KW DQ VS WPKWGOC VSA N'E FOCK HNDR 'BVB LWO'QR FOCK FRVHWOC DRPVOCR LWO'QR SWK VS WPKWGOC.'
Sometimes I pretend to be an octopus. But then people are like 'Darren, what're you doing?' and I just sit there and laugh because they're not cool enough to be an octopus and I'm just like 'Hah you're just jealous because you're not an octopus.'
2016-2021 Treasure Valley Homeschool, 2020-2021 Div C Captain
2021 events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters, Anatomy and Physiology

Assassinator for games 118: New Life and 136: A SciOly Pandemic
Selected Assassinators for games 121 and 148

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Codebusters C

Post by jimmy-bond » September 12th, 2020, 10:47 am

Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 10:36 am
Sometimes I pretend to be an octopus. But then people are like 'Darren, what're you doing?' and I just sit there and laugh because they're not cool enough to be an octopus and I'm just like 'Hah you're just jealous because you're not an octopus.'
Correct, your turn!
Also, I feel like for codebusters, we could approach the question marathon like we did last year and eliminate the need for the questioner to confirm if the answer is right, since it's pretty clear if you got it right or wrong unless it's an encryption (for which you could use a website with an encoder).
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 813
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by Tailsfan101 » September 15th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Almost forgot about this...

Decrypt the following Vigenere cipher. The key is "fever".
2016-2021 Treasure Valley Homeschool, 2020-2021 Div C Captain
2021 events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters, Anatomy and Physiology

Assassinator for games 118: New Life and 136: A SciOly Pandemic
Selected Assassinators for games 121 and 148

User avatar
jimmy-bond
Member
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Codebusters C

Post by jimmy-bond » September 16th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Almost forgot about this...

Decrypt the following Vigenere cipher. The key is "fever".
Since there's been a bit of radio silence, I'd like to ask is the question itself is supposed to be the Vigenere? On my end, all I have is the instructions but no ciphertext.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 813
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by Tailsfan101 » September 17th, 2020, 10:25 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:21 pm
Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Almost forgot about this...

Decrypt the following Vigenere cipher. The key is "fever".
Since there's been a bit of radio silence, I'd like to ask is the question itself is supposed to be the Vigenere? On my end, all I have is the instructions but no ciphertext.
Oof, I completely forgot the ciphertext. Here it is:

XET, LRAI TSL MIVVU TJ CEEFOVTZFM WIRHL?
2016-2021 Treasure Valley Homeschool, 2020-2021 Div C Captain
2021 events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters, Anatomy and Physiology

Assassinator for games 118: New Life and 136: A SciOly Pandemic
Selected Assassinators for games 121 and 148

User avatar
imaditi
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: August 4th, 2019, 8:47 am
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by imaditi » September 18th, 2020, 4:14 am

Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 10:25 am
jimmy-bond wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:21 pm
Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Almost forgot about this...

Decrypt the following Vigenere cipher. The key is "fever".
Since there's been a bit of radio silence, I'd like to ask is the question itself is supposed to be the Vigenere? On my end, all I have is the instructions but no ciphertext.
Oof, I completely forgot the ciphertext. Here it is:

XET, LRAI TSL MIVVU TJ CEEFOVTZFM WIRHL?
Say, have you heard of Hanakapiai beach Decrypt the following aristocrat from an ice cream recipe:

HCIS CYN GIH CO MBN GSNPQ FYMC P UPIGNHPY PYW PWW MBN UIXPS, UPKM.
Orlando Science High School '23

imaditi's userpage
2017: Optics, Wind Power, Anatomy
2018: Optics, Rocks & Minerals, Battery Buggy
2019: Game On, Battery Buggy, Herp, Mystery
2020: Circuit, Machines, Detector, Code

smayya337
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: November 2nd, 2017, 5:15 pm
Division: C
State: VA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Contact:

Re: Codebusters C

Post by smayya337 » September 18th, 2020, 7:22 am

imaditi wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 4:14 am
Tailsfan101 wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 10:25 am
jimmy-bond wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:21 pm


Since there's been a bit of radio silence, I'd like to ask is the question itself is supposed to be the Vigenere? On my end, all I have is the instructions but no ciphertext.
Oof, I completely forgot the ciphertext. Here it is:

XET, LRAI TSL MIVVU TJ CEEFOVTZFM WIRHL?
Say, have you heard of Hanakapiai beach Decrypt the following aristocrat from an ice cream recipe:

HCIS CYN GIH CO MBN GSNPQ FYMC P UPIGNHPY PYW PWW MBN UIXPS, UPKM.
Pour one cup of the cream into a saucepan and add the sugar, salt. While I'm waiting for my APCS class to start, let's see if my Aristocrat-generating code works correctly:
WBNXJBU LW JUH ITJLSXJH ANGKNXSSLDK TXDKIXKH!
TJHSST '22
2021 Events: Code/Cyber/Detector/Sounds
smayya337's Userpage

Post Reply

Return to “Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests