Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
donjuanpond
Division: C
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by donjuanpond »

These users thanked the author donjuanpond for the post:
LittleMissNyan (February 23rd, 2022, 3:46 am)
donjuanpond
Division: C
State: WA

Post by donjuanpond »

Now that I've invited myself to this chat, I feel entitled to post something here.

At lunchtime in my school, we (the students) are allowed to eat in multiple places around the school - my friends and I choose to eat in the library, where the librarian plays music. One of my friends told the librarian he had a nice shirt, which made the librarian happy and he let us as a table group collectively choose a few songs to put on the library playlist to play during lunchtime, and long story short we got my school's librarian to play Moog City 2 by C418 (song from minecraft) at max volume in a school library : D

Edit: I had to change the emoticon from (:D) to : D so that it would stop being an emoji (I had to put it in parenthesis because otherwise it would've autocorrected here as well)
Last edited by donjuanpond on February 25th, 2022, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

donjuanpond wrote: February 25th, 2022, 5:08 pm Now that I've invited myself to this chat, I feel entitled to post something here.

At lunchtime in my school, we (the students) are allowed to eat in multiple places around the school - my friends and I choose to eat in the library, where the librarian plays music. One of my friends told the librarian he had a nice shirt, which made the librarian happy and he let us as a table group collectively choose a few songs to put on the library playlist to play during lunchtime, and long story short we got my school's librarian to play Moog City 2 by C418 (song from minecraft) at max volume in a school library : D

Edit: I had to change the emoticon from (:D) to : D so that it would stop being an emoji (I had to put it in parenthesis because otherwise it would've autocorrected here as well)
Right under the box to type, there's a box where you can check "Disable smilies" which will let you do :D without it being an emoji
These users thanked the author CPScienceDude for the post:
donjuanpond (March 6th, 2022, 9:51 am)
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Schrodingerscat
Administrator
Administrator
State: KS
Has thanked: 0

Post by Schrodingerscat »

Stubbed a lot of toes in my clumsiness, but guess I've never sprained one before...
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Welp, no more Science Olympiad for me since homeschool group isn’t big enough to have a team 😔😭
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
RiverWalker88
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NM

Post by RiverWalker88 »

Well, as of today, FIRST Tech Challenge joins Cross Country, HS Swim, Newspaper, and Science Olympiad on the ever-growing bittersweet list of last competitions.

Being a senior is sad :((.
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology '26, Physics
raytay
State: TN

Post by raytay »

Finally convinced my parents to let me get my hair cut shorter and I am absolutely vibing and thriving with it :)
Last edited by raytay on March 13th, 2022, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author raytay for the post (total 2):
LittleMissNyan (March 13th, 2022, 2:54 pm) • gz839918 (March 13th, 2022, 5:08 pm)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: WI

Post by gz839918 »

Story: I met a homeless duo when I was returning to campus last Friday night. I stopped to talk to them, and I offered to sing to them. I wasn't entirely sure what I actually wanted to sing (it's also been a really long time since I was in high school choir lol) so it took me a bit of thinking, but I eventually decided that I'd sing Lean On Me, and one of them said that Lean On Me was actually one of her friend's favorite song, and she even sang along with me!!! That made me really happy that they were happy :D
These users thanked the author gz839918 for the post (total 4):
bernard (March 13th, 2022, 6:14 pm) • LittleMissNyan (March 14th, 2022, 12:58 pm) • RiverWalker88 (March 17th, 2022, 8:26 pm) • Adi1008 (April 8th, 2022, 12:58 pm)
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
Schrodingerscat
Administrator
Administrator
State: KS
Has thanked: 0

Post by Schrodingerscat »

I'm almost surprised I've never had someone contact me thinking I run the invite in Kansas also named after Schrödinger.
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Good luck to everyone taking AP tests! Make sure you get some sleep and a good breakfast/lunch beforehand!!
I have AP Gov testing and state Government testing and English testing and Biology testing and my Eagle project all these next 2 weeks send help
Last edited by LittleMissNyan on May 3rd, 2022, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author LittleMissNyan for the post (total 3):
MorningCoffee (May 3rd, 2022, 6:58 am) • gz839918 (May 4th, 2022, 6:09 pm) • donjuanpond (May 11th, 2022, 4:35 pm)
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt

Return to “General Chat”