Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: KS
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Schrodingerscat »

Guess who just straight-up multiplied square feet by W/m^2 in a back-of-the-envelope calculation?

100kW does sound like a much more plausible heat load for a hypothetical building in the dead of winter than 1MW...
Last edited by Schrodingerscat on January 6th, 2022, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MorningCoffee
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by MorningCoffee »

woo im alive

so in my school orchestra we're playing a piece called "ghosts of bradenburg" (some of you may have heard it before, its a collection of bradenburg's concertos!) very nice piece, other than a part with super fast left hand pizz and super fast triplets not triplets help

and guess what the entire piece is our ranking test woopdeedoo guess who isn't getting first chair anymore

its been a week :D
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

That sounds tough, MorningCoffee. Good luck though!

I'm in a weird mood of not wanting to go back to college because I'm enjoying my winter break, but I know I need to go back to college...... but I'd rather be fishing....
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post:
LittleMissNyan (January 8th, 2022, 7:35 am)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
Schrodingerscat
Administrator
Administrator
State: KS
Has thanked: 0

Post by Schrodingerscat »

They even still say "rain before midnight, then snow" but the coating of snow everywhere except asphalt/concrete begs to differ.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

Schrodingerscat wrote: January 14th, 2022, 9:57 pm They even still say "rain before midnight, then snow" but the coating of snow everywhere except asphalt/concrete begs to differ.
those weather people smh.....

raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Y’all, just leaving my old school has made me so much happier so yay! I’m not stressed out all the time now, I actually can understand what I’m learning and take as long as I need to to understand anything I’m confused with. And I have some more free time too, which recently has been filled with either messaging with my girlfriend or playing/obsessing over Octopath Traveler. All good vibes here
Last edited by raytay on January 15th, 2022, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author raytay for the post:
LittleMissNyan (January 16th, 2022, 9:35 am)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: WI

Post by gz839918 »

MorningCoffee wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:34 am woo im alive

so in my school orchestra we're playing a piece called "ghosts of bradenburg" (some of you may have heard it before, its a collection of bradenburg's concertos!) very nice piece, other than a part with super fast left hand pizz and super fast triplets not triplets help

and guess what the entire piece is our ranking test woopdeedoo guess who isn't getting first chair anymore

its been a week :D
YAY good to see you around! I can't say I've heard of the Ghosts of Brandenburg before. Is it a specific arrangement of the concertos?
raytay wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:24 pm Y’all, just leaving my old school has made me so much happier so yay! I’m not stressed out all the time now, I actually can understand what I’m learning and take as long as I need to to understand anything I’m confused with. And I have some more free time too, which recently has been filled with either messaging with my girlfriend or playing/obsessing over Octopath Traveler. All good vibes here
Heyyyyy awesome to hear that you're feeling happier now! I also know v little about Octopath Traveler, but I looked it up online and the 3D graphics look super stunning!

Weelllllll now I feel compelled to tell a story now lol since you all have been so generous. Anyways, I'm taking a class about schools and community, and our professor says that instead of droning on and on about the syllabus, she's going to divide us into groups, and let us teach each other about the contents of the syllabus, since that way, it'll stick in our brain better. Moreover, in order for us to teach, she wants us to make a short TV show or advertisement to present our assigned part of the syllabus, and she wants us to make it as silly as possible. My group had to present first, so we load up our TV show with clip art, and we're like "what's the relationship between schools and community? For example, do people wear schools on their hat? I dunno, better take this class to find out!" and make our presentation to be as much of a meme as possible. And of course, none of the other groups present anything remotely like a meme, so we of course looked even sillier to the whole class. In the end I basically had a lot of fun presenting memes in class and now I have some dandy clip art for all of you lol
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Fyren »

These users thanked the author Fyren for the post:
LittleMissNyan (February 14th, 2022, 3:02 pm)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: WI

Post by gz839918 »

Uh oh, are they spambots? Let us know whether there's anything we can do to help.
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

Happy Birthday RandomPplPerson! Probably not checking the forums any more, but you contributed a lot to the early days of the forums (back when I was like 8).
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post:
BessieBarton (February 19th, 2022, 3:33 am)

Return to “General Chat”