CarolinaSundew
Division: B
State: TX
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by CarolinaSundew »

gz839918 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:51 pm
CarolinaSundew wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:43 am I secretly think that cats are actually building an army to take over the world, don’t know how’d they fare well against conquering the oceans though.
Wow, seems like Schrodingerscat will get to benefit from that!

What'll happen to the rest of us, though? Will our cat overlords take mercy on us paw souls?
Hopefully, that’d be pawful if one of the lead cats would throw us over a meowtain as ancient armies did… Unless we plead that we treat our feline friends with respect, and then they’d spare us mercy!
These users thanked the author CarolinaSundew for the post:
gz839918 (December 8th, 2022, 11:18 am)
For every person in the world, there are 100 cats... I wish it was like that.

Pronouns: She/He/They
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

CarolinaSundew wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:36 am
gz839918 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 12:51 pm
CarolinaSundew wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:43 am I secretly think that cats are actually building an army to take over the world, don’t know how’d they fare well against conquering the oceans though.
Wow, seems like Schrodingerscat will get to benefit from that!

What'll happen to the rest of us, though? Will our cat overlords take mercy on us paw souls?
Hopefully, that’d be pawful if one of the lead cats would throw us over a meowtain as ancient armies did… Unless we plead that we treat our feline friends with respect, and then they’d spare us mercy!
Temmies are part cat, right? I'd be fine, right?? Going to need to get your Temmie Armor from somewhereee 🥺👉👈
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: WI

Post by gz839918 »

I'm getting a lot of nostalgia from listening to old music from Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel. It's all too easy to forget such lovely things exist in this world and taking time to revisit them is such a delight.

Hope everybody's having a good December so far 🙂
These users thanked the author gz839918 for the post (total 2):
LittleMissNyan (December 22nd, 2022, 5:36 am) • donjuanpond (January 2nd, 2023, 7:10 pm)
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
Piplup7575
Division: B
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Piplup7575 »

https://youtu.be/IKqXu-5jw60
make sure to duck, and cover!
Last edited by gz839918 on December 22nd, 2022, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed ur gif 'cause tenor does some wonky html
im a penguin from the arctic
assassinator 162
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by gz839918 »

Duck and Cover was such a big meme in my class when a high school history teacher showed it to us. Good to see it's still being memed on lol

Carmel High School ’19
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pumptato-cat »

Hahahah I remember watching that too!
Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! :D
edit: i spelled merry wrong. 💀
Last edited by pumptato-cat on December 31st, 2022, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author pumptato-cat for the post (total 2):
gz839918 (December 25th, 2022, 10:43 am) • LittleMissNyan (December 25th, 2022, 11:05 am)
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by gz839918 »

Hi all, I will be resigning from the role of Scioly.org administrator today. I will continue to be present around Scioly.org, but the gusts of the new year will bring in change, and with change comes the chance for new initiatives.

When so much revolves around Science Olympiad, it’s easy to lose sight of the big picture. Science is more than just vocab words and winning medals. It’s a system that generates knowledge for humankind, and in a world where people still have inadequate access to education simply because of what they look like or where they were born, every day makes it more imperative that we distribute the knowledge and benefits of science equitably.

In recent years, it has concerned me how Science Olympiad volunteers, weaned on dull low-quality tests, have swung to the opposite end of the spectrum, believing that the highest quality of a test is to be excruciatingly challenging, as if how much teams cry matters more than how much they learn. Yet whether you’re in middle school, high school, college, or beyond, Science Olympiad uniquely situates us to face the challenges of this generation.

Diseases, malnutrition, climate, energy, inequality—these issues are more than responsibilities we hold towards the next generation of SciOly students, but opportunities. To paraphrase Craig R. Smith, “So what can we do? Load the sled, check the traces, feed Balto, and mush on. Our cargo must reach Nome... Anyone working in [the sciences] still enjoys the rapture of action. It’s a privilege! We mush on.”

I may be leaving, but the future belongs to you—all of you. It doesn’t matter what team you came from, what medals you have, or what hats you wear. Please be kind to each other, especially those who are struggling. Science is always about people, and it always has been. Forwards forever and backwards never! Happy 2023~!
These users thanked the author gz839918 for the post (total 18):
hydroxytryptamine (December 31st, 2022, 1:55 pm) • AnotherPenguin (December 31st, 2022, 2:11 pm) • azboy1910 (December 31st, 2022, 2:26 pm) • Thenerdicat (December 31st, 2022, 2:33 pm) • pumptato-cat (December 31st, 2022, 3:47 pm) • LittleMissNyan (December 31st, 2022, 4:59 pm) • builderguy135 (December 31st, 2022, 5:14 pm) • jaspattack (December 31st, 2022, 5:19 pm) • f1shy (December 31st, 2022, 5:20 pm) • hmmm (December 31st, 2022, 5:22 pm) and 8 more users

Carmel High School ’19
raytay
State: TN

Post by raytay »

Huh, it’s 2023
These users thanked the author raytay for the post:
LittleMissNyan (January 3rd, 2023, 5:08 pm)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
donjuanpond
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by donjuanpond »

I went to Phoenix this summer and ended up driving past a neighborhood called ”Sierra Vista”, which instantly activated my PTSD from the 2020-21 season Sierra Vista invitational Dynamic Planet test.

It’s been 2 years since I stopped doing Science Olympiad but that darned test still haunts my dreams. Lalith, if you’re reading this, I hope you were very proud of the test you wrote.
/j i <3 u lalith
l0lit
State: FL
Has thanked: 0

Post by l0lit »

donjuanpond wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 7:21 pm I went to Phoenix this summer and ended up driving past a neighborhood called ”Sierra Vista”, which instantly activated my PTSD from the 2020-21 season Sierra Vista invitational Dynamic Planet test.

It’s been 2 years since I stopped doing Science Olympiad but that darned test still haunts my dreams. Lalith, if you’re reading this, I hope you were very proud of the test you wrote.
/j i <3 u lalith
my bad
These users thanked the author l0lit for the post:
donjuanpond (January 15th, 2023, 10:08 pm)
Any opinions stated on this site are not official, the only official information can be found at soinc.org

University of South Florida '25
Carmel SciOly Alumni, Captain 2019-21
Tests written

Return to “General Chat”