bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Green Generation B/C

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
theskyistillred
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Green Generation B/C

Post by theskyistillred »

Is this also a Division C event?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit." --Unknown

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

go study
knottingpurple

Post by knottingpurple »

theskyistillred wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm Is this also a Division C event?
Yes, Green Generation is run in both divisions - there are a few additional topics tested in the Div C event which aren't tested in the Div B event, which are specified in the rules.
These users thanked the author knottingpurple for the post:
theskyistillred (November 15th, 2021, 2:21 pm)
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
Janelio
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Been thanked: 0

Invasive species?

Post by Janelio »

On the scioly wiki for green generation there are no listed invasive species, do we assume that its just the category of 2022 invasive species?
knottingpurple

Re: Invasive species?

Post by knottingpurple »

Janelio wrote: January 26th, 2022, 1:44 pm On the scioly wiki for green generation there are no listed invasive species, do we assume that its just the category of 2022 invasive species?
The official rules for Green Generation do not include a specific invasive species list (unlike the past ID event Invasive Species, which perhaps you're confusing it with?). I expect most tests would ask questions more on whether you understood the impacts invasive species have on ecosystems generally, than on how in depth your knowledge was of a specific list of invasive species (although it certainly wouldn't hurt to know a bit about some major examples, particularly for aquatic ecosystems).
These users thanked the author knottingpurple for the post:
AstroClarinet (January 26th, 2022, 3:21 pm)
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
abitwolfy
Division: B
State: ND
Has thanked: 0

Post by abitwolfy »

Do we have to know the types of water pollution or no?
AstroClarinet

Post by AstroClarinet »

abitwolfy wrote: March 28th, 2022, 8:08 pm Do we have to know the types of water pollution or no?
Since water pollution is a topic on the rules sheet, test writers may ask about anything reasonable relating to water pollution. So you should be familiar with the types of water pollution--I assume you mean chemical pollution, nutrient pollution, thermal pollution, and so on.

Keep in mind that when I say you should "be familiar" with these types of pollution, I mean that you should be able to define each, talk about their causes, know about their effects on ecosystems (and humans), know how these forms of pollution are combated, and know about certain notable examples. For instance, you might be asked to explain the process of eutrophication (nutrient pollution), or how a change in pH in a body of water could affect organisms (which can occur from multiple forms of pollution, like acid mine drainage or acid rain).

Tests for Green Generation are pretty variable, so I can't say exactly how much this will show up on tests or what will be asked--there could be only a few questions on water pollution, since there are a lot of other topics to cover as well, but overall, since water pollution is on the rules sheet, yes you should know about the types of water pollution.
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
fernanda036
State: ND
Has thanked: 0

Post by fernanda036 »

Does Green Generation go over topics about biology?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

fernanda036 wrote: April 14th, 2022, 12:20 pm Does Green Generation go over topics about biology?
Yes - more specific details about the covered topics can be found in the rules.
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage

Return to “2022 Study Events”