Bridge B/C

mklinger
State: MI

Re: Bridge B/C

Post by mklinger »

Bagman82 wrote: May 15th, 2022, 7:15 pm Any 2022 Nationals Bridge Scores out yet?
Now that the season is over, I've decided to see if I can some closer to some of the higher scores I've been hearing about over the past couple months.

I'm not sure of the top National scores, but I did just have a very nice Div B result.

5.68 g held 18.771 kg for a competition score of 3521 and maybe even more impressive is the actual efficiency of 3305. If that actual efficiency could be achieved at exactly 15kg, that would yield a 4.54g bridge which would be a competition score of 4405! That might be an extreme limit, but I no longer think > 4000 is impossible.

I'm going to try and build some more to see if I can do any better. Once I have something I'm happy with (if not this bridge), I'll be sure to create a video and share with everyone how I made this one.

It's really similar to the design I put out there early in the season with some minor tweaks and material optimizations.

Marc
These users thanked the author mklinger for the post (total 2):
bagman78 (May 18th, 2022, 8:18 am) • sciolyperson1 (May 22nd, 2022, 11:55 am)
Tall
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tall »

mklinger wrote: May 17th, 2022, 4:01 pm
Bagman82 wrote: May 15th, 2022, 7:15 pm Any 2022 Nationals Bridge Scores out yet?
Now that the season is over, I've decided to see if I can some closer to some of the higher scores I've been hearing about over the past couple months.

I'm not sure of the top National scores, but I did just have a very nice Div B result.

5.68 g held 18.771 kg for a competition score of 3521 and maybe even more impressive is the actual efficiency of 3305. If that actual efficiency could be achieved at exactly 15kg, that would yield a 4.54g bridge which would be a competition score of 4405! That might be an extreme limit, but I no longer think > 4000 is impossible.

I'm going to try and build some more to see if I can do any better. Once I have something I'm happy with (if not this bridge), I'll be sure to create a video and share with everyone how I made this one.

It's really similar to the design I put out there early in the season with some minor tweaks and material optimizations.

Marc
Marc, you probably beat everyone in Div B Nationals. :D

Will they release Histogram for bridges?
mklinger

Post by mklinger »

Tall wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 5:41 am

Marc

Thanks! I'm still seeing if I can come up with a build better than 3521 before creating a new video. I'll be sure to show this build no matter what as the fact that it held over 18kg was pretty impressive.

I don't think they ever release score histograms for Nationals. In many prior years, people have volunteered their top scores which is what I'm hoping happens this year.

Generally, I believe scores over 3800 have been achieved during the year at Invitationals for Div B and for Div C, I think the top scores are > 2900. I'd like to get close to both of those and then share the results so everyone can see what is possible and maybe that will help for next year depending on how they change the rules.

Marc
These users thanked the author mklinger for the post:
Tall (May 23rd, 2022, 9:36 am)
jgrischow1
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Post by jgrischow1 »

Tall wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 5:41 am

Marc

In past years if you pay for the national test packet in addition to the tests and keys they give raw scores for the build events.
These users thanked the author jgrischow1 for the post (total 2):
Tall (May 23rd, 2022, 9:37 am) • bagman78 (May 23rd, 2022, 1:09 pm)
mklinger

Post by mklinger »

I just had a 5.29 g (Div B) bridge hold 15.673 kg for a competition score of 3781. That's pretty good... I think I'll stop with those for now and create a video showing this bridge as well as the 3521 build.
Keep an eye out for a new video soon!

Then I'll move on to Div C to see what I can do there with a bit of optimization.

Marc
rjm
Has thanked: 0

Post by rjm »

The winning competition score for 2022 Div. C Nationals Bridge was 2813.

FWIW, at the Michigan State Tournament, the winning Div. B bridge competition score was 3861. I have no idea what the Nationals Div. B scores were.

Certainly, there is no reason to believe these were the best scores achieved by other teams at other competitions. It would be interesting to know what more is possible.

Bob Monetza
Grand Haven
mklinger

Post by mklinger »

rjm wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 5:59 pm The winning competition score for 2022 Div. C Nationals Bridge was 2813.

FWIW, at the Michigan State Tournament, the winning Div. B bridge competition score was 3861. I have no idea what the Nationals Div. B scores were.

Certainly, there is no reason to believe these were the best scores achieved by other teams at other competitions. It would be interesting to know what more is possible.

Bob Monetza
Grand Haven
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. For Div B, if I had baked even the bridge I just tested it would have been very close to 3900. I really think > 4000 is possible, but I want to move on from building Div B for now.

As for Div C, I have heard of a couple > 3000 scores on the Discord, but that was certainly rare and I can't confirm. I'm definitely going to see if I can break 3000 over the next couple weeks. I'll be sure to share my best results.

Marc
Last edited by mklinger on June 3rd, 2022, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mklinger

Post by mklinger »

I just finished the video which shows the optimizations to achieve Div B bridges scores of 3521 and 3781. Now I can move on to Div C!

Depending on how they change the rules, these results may or may not be very useful for next year, but I figured there'd be some folks who'd like to see bridges like this and exactly how they were built.

https://youtu.be/8m2JyREBaCM

Marc
Tall

Post by Tall »

mklinger wrote: June 4th, 2022, 1:09 pm I just finished the video which shows the optimizations to achieve Div B bridges scores of 3521 and 3781. Now I can move on to Div C!

Depending on how they change the rules, these results may or may not be very useful for next year, but I figured there'd be some folks who'd like to see bridges like this and exactly how they were built.

https://youtu.be/8m2JyREBaCM

Marc
Thanks Marc.

Your design certainly helped us to win in Div C State Finals, but we fell short in Nationals.
mnoga
State: CA

Post by mnoga »

rjm wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 5:59 pm The winning competition score for 2022 Div. C Nationals Bridge was 2813.

Bob Monetza
Grand Haven
The NorCal State winner in the C Division was Castro Valley with a score of 3010.

Return to “Bridge B/C”