Elastic for Trajectory

dcambrid
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Elastic for Trajectory

Post by dcambrid »

So what kind of elastics are people considering? Pro's and Con's? Any thoughts on materials? We are thinking pre looped bands would be more consistent, but if you buy something like long exercise bands you can cut and tie your own loops, but if they are not consistent you could get different forces when you change them. We want something that we can change out and replace if it starts to wear. out.

Just a quick search and I found these EPDM bands:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHPP78C/re ... rPXRydWU=
Godspeed
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Elastic for Trajectory

Post by Godspeed »

dcambrid wrote: December 17th, 2021, 1:01 pm So what kind of elastics are people considering? Pro's and Con's? Any thoughts on materials? We are thinking pre looped bands would be more consistent, but if you buy something like long exercise bands you can cut and tie your own loops, but if they are not consistent you could get different forces when you change them. We want something that we can change out and replace if it starts to wear. out.

Just a quick search and I found these EPDM bands:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHPP78C/re ... rPXRydWU=
From what I've seen on the old forums, people were recommending stuff like bungee chords, surgical tubing, and exercise tubing.
Jehosaphat
Division: Grad
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Elastic for Trajectory

Post by Jehosaphat »

I know I'm late to this comment but I would not recommend bungee cords, the string coating prevents the bands from stretching far enough. If you can find pure rubber coring, that might work.
Waiting for the return of Ecology all by myself
HHS '22
Hope '26

Return to “Storm the Castle B/Trajectory C”