Scioly Assassination 160: A Puppet's Strings

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Scioly Assassination 160: A Puppet's Strings

Post by Assassinator »

THEATRICAL STAGE - AUDITORIUM

A theater, accented with drapes of red. The lighting is dim and casts gaunt shadows across the empty seats and woodwork, a bulb flickering periodically. The main curtains are drawn back, revealing an empty stage.

An unknown voice comes from somewhere in the wings.

?????
-thank you darlings, you've been exceedingly helpful with all of this. I believe that should be it...

A figure enters from stage left, robed in the dark garb typical of their kind. They stop in the middle of the stage, sparing a casual glance at something on the ceiling.

?????
...who knew it’d take this much work to get everything up and running again? Though with a production like this, even the smallest things can-

Glitching noises suddenly are heard.

?????
(loudly) Alright! That joke has LONG since passed its prime!

They draw a small object out from within their cloak and hurl it into the wings off left. The noises cut off with a metallic clang.

?????
I swear, that thing’s days are numbered.

A pause.

?????
...of course, you didn’t come here for the thrilling tech adjustments, did you?

The figure turns to face downstage. Though their face is hidden by the cloak, it’s clear they are gazing directly at you, the viewers. The effect is unnerving.

?????
Oh, don’t look at me like that. You know exactly why you’re here. Fresh off the train of victory, you’ve set your sights on this grand production. Everyone the star of the show, all just dying for a piece of the action.

They fling their arm out to the side.

?????
Well, I’ve got news for you!

The aforementioned small object flies into their grasp, revealing itself to be a knife.

?????
(softly) I am the one running the show. I am the one pulling the strings. And you won’t be acting like such hotshots when your friends start disappearing, I’ll tell you that.

They begin switching the knife from hand to hand.

?????
Oh, it’s showtime alright… and what a show this will be.

The figure catches the knife in their right hand. A faint chuckle is heard as they wind back and launch it directly at the viewers. Just before impact, everything winks out, into darkness.
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
Piplup7575 (April 4th, 2023, 1:12 pm)
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 160: A Puppet's Strings

Post by Assassinator »

1. The officers will be the next five people who privately message correct answers to the officer clue. These people must have a presence on both the Scioly.org forums and Discord server. Put in a bit of thought before submitting. If you have not been around for a while, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.
2. The assassin will provide clues which plainly point to their next victim, and occasionally to theirself.
3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or global moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.
4. Once "killed" a user may not assist with any clues nor post about the identity of the assassinator.
5. The assassin will continue to post with their true account, and may provide hints there.
6. Officers may protect one person per clue.
7. When protecting someone from an Assassinator’s kill clue you must use the following template: "I protect [place name here] because [give reason here]." If you don't use this template when protecting, the protection won't count. Post this message in the appropriate Scioly.org forums thread only; protects given on Discord will be disregarded.
8. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator will kill.
9. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn an accusation with each correct protection.
10. When accusing someone of being the Assassinator you must use the following template: "I accuse [place name here] because [give reason here]." If you don't use this template when accusing, the accusation won't count. Post this message in the forums thread only; acusations on Discord will be disregarded.
11. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, they may not accuse or protect anyone.
12. If the Assassinator does not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However, that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.
13. The Assassinator wins after 10 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill.
14. The Assassinator reserves the right to modify these rules as they deem necessary.

The officer clue will be in the next post. You may submit your answer through either Discord or the forums, it makes no difference.
The dedicated thread for game discussion on the Scioly.org Discord server can be accessed by using the "!games" command. Join the channel, then join the thread.
For identification purposes, it’d be helpful if you could add your Discord tag in the appropriate field of your forums account. Please especially do so if your Discord nickname does not match your forums username.
Good luck. You’ll need it.
Last edited by Assassinator on May 30th, 2022, 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

A fluttering piece of paper, pinned to the wall with a knife.

52°11'30"N
1°42'29"W
Dszg wrw gsv yziw yvjfvzgs gl srh druv?
mogus
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Discord sassy :eyes:
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

jaspattack, Fyren, and Banexet have been confirmed as officers. 2 officer slots remain.

If no other officer clue submissions are submited by May 28th 12:00 EST, officer applications will be closed and the remaining slots will be lost.
Last edited by Assassinator on May 28th, 2022, 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Officer clue submissions are now closed. The first clue will come shortly.

Officers, I would recommend updating this forums thread with your clue solving efforts for posterity, if not just for the sake of those who cannot use Discord (due to age or other factors).
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

DUNSINANE - INNER CASTLE

Lady Macbeth wanders the halls of the castle, a lit candle in her grasp. Two servants shadow her movements.

LADY MACBETH
One begets two, and two beget all; and by our sullied hands now must we fall. Oh, will ne’er these hands be clean?

She sinks to her knees and begins feverishly scrubbing her hands. A third servant enters, falling in with the others.

SERVANT #3 (jaspattack)
Again she walks?

SERVANT #1
Her laments grow more dire by the night.

SERVANT #3 (jaspattack)
What is to be done? She wanders about in the soundest of sleep and speaks of what must not be spoken, yet we are bound to keep it.

Lady Macbeth rises and enters her study. Servant #1 follows, while the others watch from the hall.

SERVANT #2 (SilverBreeze)
The English draw nearer by the day; Macduff and the heir bear the standard.

SERVANT #3 (jaspattack)
Our kinsfolk fall away before them, and with unsullied blades they press on.

And what of us? When will it end?

A violent shattering is heard from within the study.

SERVANT #1
(from off) My lady! Please!

The two servants rush into the study. Lady Macbeth clutches the shattered pieces of an inkwell in her hand, the ink gushing out between her fingers. She drags the pieces across the desk, forming erratic patterns that run all over the desk and papers.

LADY MACBETH
(shrieking) No more! NO MORE! Away, you specters of despair! Have not thy claimed your due of blood, to drown thee in remorse?

SERVANT #3 (jaspattack)
What hath you done?

SERVANT #1
She wails of her own accord!

Lady Macbeth shrieks again and rushes out of the room, Servants #1 and #3 hurrying to follow. The remaining servant moves to follow, hesitates... and then turns back to the stains on the desk.

...the blades draw closer from without, and terrors press forth from within. God help us all.

She shudders, turns, and exits the study.
Last edited by Assassinator on May 28th, 2022, 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
mogus
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

ight I'm getting kicked off soon so I'll just dump what we have so far here so I can take a look again later

- enlarged text sprinkled through the story reads "beattheclock", all enlarged letters at size 110
- Sassy game 110 was run by East
- pigpen reads "uafmmetthfdjxx", possibly a vigenere
- sassy's sig also has a time/clock motif
- Venom does It's About Time- target? Who else does that?
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Banexet
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Been thanked: 0

Post by Banexet »

LittleMissNyan wrote: May 28th, 2022, 12:29 pm ight I'm getting kicked off soon so I'll just dump what we have so far here so I can take a look again later

- enlarged text sprinkled through the story reads "beattheclock", all enlarged letters at size 110
- Sassy game 110 was run by East
- pigpen reads "uafmmetthfdjxx", possibly a vigenere
- sassy's sig also has a time/clock motif
- Venom does It's About Time- target? Who else does that?
Umaroth is the other guy that does Time that I can think about off the top of my head
That combined with SilverBreeze being one of the servants makes him someone to keep in mind as a possible target
random-person
Division: B

Post by random-person »

A fluttering piece of paper, pinned to the wall with a knife.

52°11'30"N
1°42'29"W
Dszg wrw gsv yziw yvjfvzgs gl srh druv?

aristocrat^ reads : "what did the band bequeath to his wife"
i think maybe band means bard? idk, could be a typo.
the coordinates lead to "Stratford-upon-Avon", which is shakespeare's birthplace(According to google :p)
(sorry if someone already said this or i'm doing something wrong, i don't really know what i'm doing bc never done one of these before and don't have discord)
events
2019-2020 Mousetrap Vehicle
2020-2021 Food Science, Mousetrap Vehicle, Codebusters
2021-2022 Sounds of Music, Codebusters, Anatomy & Physiology, Mousetrap Vehicle, Bridge, Rocks and Minerals

Return to “Assassinator Games”