bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Crave the Wave B

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
CarolinaSundew
Division: B
State: TX
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns
Has thanked: 0

Re: Crave the Wave B

Post by CarolinaSundew »

Hey Crave the Wave experts,

I'm a rookie this year, with this being my first SO season ever, wowie. I've been interested in competing for many years, but my surprisingly competitive middle school never got a sponsor. Now, I'm fully able to compete after transferring, with one of my new favorite events (that I was thrown into last minute at the Cyfalls invi) is Crave the Wave! I love physics and stuff, so naturally, I just had to do it.

I have a question; when gathering resources for the binder, what is the usual size that isn't overkill nor lengthy? Thanks a bunches.
For every person in the world, there are 100 cats... I wish it was like that.

Pronouns: She/He/They
Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Crave the Wave B

Post by Adi1008 »

CarolinaSundew wrote: December 6th, 2022, 10:34 am Hey Crave the Wave experts,

I'm a rookie this year, with this being my first SO season ever, wowie. I've been interested in competing for many years, but my surprisingly competitive middle school never got a sponsor. Now, I'm fully able to compete after transferring, with one of my new favorite events (that I was thrown into last minute at the Cyfalls invi) is Crave the Wave! I love physics and stuff, so naturally, I just had to do it.

I have a question; when gathering resources for the binder, what is the usual size that isn't overkill nor lengthy? Thanks a bunches.
This is too late for it to really be relevant to you, but I'm replying just in case it's still useful to anyone else in the future.

Back when I competed in Crave the Wave (2014-2015), my partner and I used a 3 inch binder. It was a little unwieldy and I don't think we were very good at the event, honestly. In high school, I found that 2 inch binders were a better fit for me, and that's what I used for Optics (an event very similar to Crave the Wave) and Hovercraft (another physics event). For an event like Crave the Wave, I'd really recommend having a couple of pages at the front for equations and common constants that are quick and easy to reference.
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14

Return to “2023 Study Events”