bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Meteorology B

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Lincoln
Division: B
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Lincoln »

Did Meteorology become a Binder event this year?
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Yes. It was "two sheets of paper" last year.
SciolyGuy411

Post by SciolyGuy411 »

What the reasoning for to going to binder vs the previous 1-4 pages of notes?
SciolyGuy411

Post by SciolyGuy411 »

My issue with binders in other events is usually it is one of the team mates binders of the partner is not always familiar with where material is found. With 1 to 4 note pages, if every team member becomes familiar with the same 4 pages, even when having different partners from week to week, I think if is more fluid for everyone, Just my opinion.
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

You don't have to bring a full binder - if you can fit everything you need on 4 sides of paper, then you can have a mostly-empty binder. The point is that you, the competitors, can bring as much information as you find useful, without, for example, giving an artificial advantage to people with good eyesight (who can read smaller print on the paper) etc.

And don't forget, the "real world" is open book - walk in to the office of any scientist or engineer, and they'll have a collection of reference materials that they consult on a regular basis.
These users thanked the author knightmoves for the post:
Umaroth (September 27th, 2022, 11:17 pm)
SciolyGuy411

Post by SciolyGuy411 »

And yet in academia, very seldom are we tested with the availability of universal resources. Pretty sure the SAT/ACT has ever been open notes or have the availability to reference support materials, right?? Just my opinion.
EliseM628
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by EliseM628 »

When studying Cloud Identification, how can you generally determine the difference between Altocumulus and Cirrocumulus
Last edited by EliseM628 on February 16th, 2023, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliseM628
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by EliseM628 »

In Optical Phenomena, will the Aurora Australis be featured along with the Aurora borealis?
Soccerpr0

Post by Soccerpr0 »

Hey guys,

So I couldn’t find where to post a question so I’m just doing it here. If anyone knows where to post questions for meteorology please let me know about the secret. But my real question is, what should I study and how should I study to do well at states. I don’t know that I need to study and I need to practice a lot but does anyone have any sources that I can use? If it makes a difference I feel like I knew almost all of my stuff for the regional test but we ended up only coming in fourth. I’m not sure if that means that, the other teams were just really good or we didn’t know what we thought we know. Thanks!

Return to “2023 Study Events”