Weights?

pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Weights?

Post by pumptato-cat »

Hey, what are you guys using for weights? This year has a very short fall height, so I'm considering something wide, but short in height to maximize fall height. I'm a bit confused on what to use for the weight, though...
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
SixteenthSakura
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Weights?

Post by SixteenthSakura »

Something wide might be a little shaky going down (also depends of the type of launch mechanism you're using). For my scrambler I'm using the bob of a pendulum.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

pumptato-cat wrote: November 10th, 2022, 5:37 pm Hey, what are you guys using for weights? This year has a very short fall height, so I'm considering something wide, but short in height to maximize fall height. I'm a bit confused on what to use for the weight, though...
If you're looking for wide, maybe weight plates?
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

windu34 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 9:31 pm
pumptato-cat wrote: November 10th, 2022, 5:37 pm Hey, what are you guys using for weights? This year has a very short fall height, so I'm considering something wide, but short in height to maximize fall height. I'm a bit confused on what to use for the weight, though...
If you're looking for wide, maybe weight plates?
A plate is a good option.

Good to see you back, windu34.
pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pumptato-cat »

Thanks everyone!

Wow, where'd you get your pendulum bob from, SixteenthSakura? I can't find anything heavier than a couple of ounces... (may or may not be copying your idea-are you okay with this? If not, please let me know and I'll find another weight)

I was mainly looking for something long and skinny, but thin, so I don't waste fall height. Hopefully that makes sense. I don't know that a weight plate would work, because they seem to come mostly in circles, and my launcher doesn't have much space for movement of the weight. I might have to build some sort of enclosure around it because the current arm weight I have(it's only 3 pounds :c) bounces and hits the frame.. Thanks though! Maybe I'll find something that fits.
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough

Return to “Scrambler C”