umer
Division: B
State: VA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Been thanked: 0

setting the target during Compoettion

Post by umer »

Hey,

I need to know few things about setting target.

Can I start with my own distance like 1.3 meter ( 1 KG) and then 1.8 meter for 2 KG counterweight?
OR
I have to start either from .5 Meter , 1 meter so on , in this case if I start with 1 meter for 1 KG , then for 2 KG it has to be either 1.5 Meter , or 2 Meter so on ?

I am sorry I am confused when reading ONLY .5 m increments allowed , this mean starting can be set to any number and then increment for .5 for next counterweight?

Thanks
Umer
Banana2020
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: setting the target during Compoettion

Post by Banana2020 »

It basically means your target distance MUST be in 0.5m increments, so like you can only do 1.5m or 1.0m nothing in-between. Your 2nd CW does not necessarily have to be more than the other(most devices will fire longer with the heavier weight tho), for example you could put the light CW at 8m then put the heavy at like 14.5.
“There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” – Seneca
Nats 2022:
3rd EXPD!!
5th Electric Wright Stuff
5th Sounds of Music
umer
State: VA
Been thanked: 0

Post by umer »

Thanks a lot for helping me understand this.

I have another question on post , can you please answer that one , I Have also post same question below too.

https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26566

In the rule book 3.a Says "when ready to launch the launch device projectile stabilizing weight , counter weights and all other device components must have a vertical dimension of NO MORE THAN 70 cm.

the question is What does by ready to lunch

a. Should I remove any counter weight ?
b. Should I put weight but do not attach the string with trigger point ?
c. Should I put the weight and attach string with triggers pin ?

the issue is I have different dimensions in all above three scenarios, Can anyone confirm me on this this .
jgrischow1
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Post by jgrischow1 »

umer wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:37 am Thanks a lot for helping me understand this.

I have another question on post , can you please answer that one , I Have also post same question below too.

https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26566

In the rule book 3.a Says "when ready to launch the launch device projectile stabilizing weight , counter weights and all other device components must have a vertical dimension of NO MORE THAN 70 cm.

the question is What does by ready to lunch

a. Should I remove any counter weight ?
b. Should I put weight but do not attach the string with trigger point ?
c. Should I put the weight and attach string with triggers pin ?

the issue is I have different dimensions in all above three scenarios, Can anyone confirm me on this this .
My interpretation is that "ready to launch" means the counter weight is attached, the trigger is holding the release, etc...all you have to do is pull the string and it fires. Right before you pull it, it needs to be no higher than 70 cm.

Return to “Storm the Castle B/Trajectory C”