Build Events?

pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Build Events?

Post by pumptato-cat »

Hey, I was wondering if a thread for build events could be helpful. So maybe an example for Scrambler B/C could be, "What causes 3/4 wheels to touch the ground, and how can this be fixed?" Or for Flight, "What is the purpose of a horizontal stabilizer?" It might be helpful for finding common problems in build events.
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
onshape
State: VA
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Re: Build Events?

Post by onshape »

Well, this doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll start with a fatal mistake that happens all the time (I fell for this one at regionals.)

How wide should a bridge be - for Division B versus Division C?
"I know two kinds of audiences only - one coughing, and one not coughing." -Artur Schnabel
"In the beginning was rhythm." -Hans von Bulow
"The art of music entombed a rich possession, but even far fairer hopes." -Franz Grillparzer
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

onshape wrote: March 28th, 2023, 6:25 am Well, this doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll start with a fatal mistake that happens all the time (I fell for this one at regionals.)

How wide should a bridge be - for Division B versus Division C?
I've seen a lot of people misread the Div C width rules this year, and I'm not really sure I understand why, because I found the rules quite clear. There's even a picture in the rules. So given that you made this mistake, could you explain how you misread the rules? Were you rushing and didn't read all the rules carefully, or did you misunderstand something?
onshape
State: VA
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by onshape »

knightmoves wrote: March 28th, 2023, 7:47 am I've seen a lot of people misread the Div C width rules this year, and I'm not really sure I understand why, because I found the rules quite clear. There's even a picture in the rules. So given that you made this mistake, could you explain how you misread the rules? Were you rushing and didn't read all the rules carefully, or did you misunderstand something?
I don't know, literally everyone on my team says the bridge rules are super confusing. I notice how the diagram works now, but I honestly didn't know how the loading block system worked in relation to the diagrams. (I guess there's a reason why so much less people are tier 2'd at states.)
"I know two kinds of audiences only - one coughing, and one not coughing." -Artur Schnabel
"In the beginning was rhythm." -Hans von Bulow
"The art of music entombed a rich possession, but even far fairer hopes." -Franz Grillparzer

Return to “2023 Question Marathons”