Scioly Assassination 85: A Simple Test

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Scioly Assassination 85: A Simple Test

Post by Assassinator »

Half past one. A cold wind blows through the town square, making the bare trees sway ever so slightly in the wind, sending the last fall leaves across the street, where a dark figure silently nails a large board to a broken streetlight before moving off, dissolving into the shadows. Etched in the shiny, silver surface, are large, carefully written letters, which form words, a sentence, a paragraph, and finally, a message:

Greetings. As part of my initiative to gauge the intelligence of the human race across the globe, I am conducting a study of your community. It consists of wide-area testing encompassing all members within this community. To facilitate my research, five people will be chosen based on their answers to a provided clue on a first come, first serve basis. The clue follows the rules:

1. The officers will be the next five people who send correct answers to the clue.

2. Non-officers may post.

3. People will die. There are no exceptions.

4. Officers may die, but an officer may protect another officer. Protections are required to use the following template, "I protect <FULL username> because..." Reasons are not required to be reasonable.

5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he or she may not accuse or protect anyone.

6. I will provide clues that plainly point to my next victim, and occasionally to myself.

7. I may continue to post with my true account, and may provide hints there.

8. When accusing someone of being assassinator, the accusing officer MUST use the following template, "I accuse <FULL username> because..." If an officer fails to use this template when accusing, the accusation will be ignored.

9. Once "killed", a user may not make any statements concerning my identity.

10. I will kill my target after forty-eight hours or after all protections have been made, whichever comes first.

11. If I do not reply in 8 days after all protects are made, each officer receives a free accusation. However, that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.

12. The first two officers to join will receive an accusation. Officers earn accusations as they protect correctly. Accusations are non-transferrable.

13. I win after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number required decrements by one with each kill.

14. I reserve the right to add to these rules as I deem necessary.

15. The dead may post until the target of the second kill clue after their death is killed or protected. After this, they are not permitted to comment on clues of any sort.

16. Officers must make a protect at least once every two unsolved clues. Officers failing this requirement will be replaced.

The clue:
I originally came in a box with a strange color scheme.
My narration included only one character, whose sole purpose was to jump through carefully placed holes.
I'm still alive.
Last edited by Assassinator on April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
mogus
Frogger4907
Division: Grad
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 85: A Simple Test

Post by Frogger4907 »

Is it Mindcraft?
Ornithology State Champion
Gravity Vehicle State Champion
Thermodynamics State Champion
Remote Sensing State Champion
20 Div C State Medals
Littleboy
Division: C
State: MI

Post by Littleboy »

Please do not post guesses to the clue, instead send the sassy a PM.
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri »

*yawn*

Too easy. First officer right here. ;)

And no, not Mindcraft.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
illusionofconfusion
State: AL

Post by illusionofconfusion »

Duuuude, I like this Sassy's clue :D
not gonna be an officer though
~illusionofconfusion ;)
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

second officer yay :D

first time I got an officer clue right in the beginning of a game I think.
haverstall
State: MN

Post by haverstall »

Lolz. Easy clue. Not going to participate despite my enormous amounts of time though. Have fun!
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni
tornado guy
State: WA

Post by tornado guy »

That is lame of sassy to only give accusations to first two officers. Grr, If I get on this game it'll be second time in a row I'll have got burned out of a starting accusation!! :x
Proud ExCEL Homeschooler for five awesome years!
Nationals 2012: Meteorology 5th, R&M 19th, WQ 21st, DP 30th. Team 11th

Regionals 2013 C division: DP 3rd, WQ 5th.
mnstrviola
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

tornado guy wrote:That is lame of sassy to only give accusations to first two officers. Grr, If I get on this game it'll be second time in a row I'll have got burned out of a starting accusation!! :x
I think this is to avoid those games where in the beginning accusations are thrown before the sassy gets to post a clue or two.
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

mnstrviola wrote:
tornado guy wrote:That is lame of sassy to only give accusations to first two officers. Grr, If I get on this game it'll be second time in a row I'll have got burned out of a starting accusation!! :x
I think this is to avoid those games where in the beginning accusations are thrown before the sassy gets to post a clue or two.
Also a hint at ID, the sassy is afraid that he/she is afraid of being identified quickly ;)
So he/she is probably recently active in sassy games and also perhaps a first-time sassy
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time

Return to “Assassinator Games”