Your Screenname

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Screenname

Post by Booknerd »

Booknerd wrote: May 10th, 2020, 6:24 pm When I was in like 3rd/4th grade, I was a book fanatic. No joke I would come home from school everyday, jump onto my couch, and sit for like 2-3 hours and finish a 200-300 page book. Every day. I was also a total nerd in my class (still am) and so I thought, why not booknerd? Its also the username I used for a couple of other things (but not everything. So don't assume every booknerd out there is me). Nowadays I'm not as much book-crazy, but the name stuck and I like it.

And TCS, why Chi-town when you live outside of chi-town? Isn't CLC by like Grayslake? I thought that's like 1-2 hours away?
Oh wait a sec nvm. Sorry TCS, ignore what I said.
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

Booknerd wrote: May 10th, 2020, 6:24 pm When I was in like 3rd/4th grade, I was a book fanatic. No joke I would come home from school everyday, jump onto my couch, and sit for like 2-3 hours and finish a 200-300 page book. Every day. I was also a total nerd in my class (still am) and so I thought, why not booknerd? Its also the username I used for a couple of other things (but not everything. So don't assume every booknerd out there is me). Nowadays I'm not as much book-crazy, but the name stuck and I like it.

And TCS, why Chi-town when you live outside of chi-town? Isn't CLC by like Grayslake? I thought that's like 1-2 hours away?
Shhhh. I like Chi-town a lot plus I wasn't gonna use my gamertag lol. Also Crystal Lake is an hour from Chi-town.
These users thanked the author TheChiScientist for the post:
Booknerd (May 11th, 2020, 6:51 pm)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

I'm a dude, from Crown Point, who loves the sciences. Pretty simple lol.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

CPScienceDude wrote: May 10th, 2020, 7:54 pm I'm a dude, from Crown Point, who loves the sciences. Pretty simple lol.
You won't believe how long I thought it was a weird abbreviation for "computer science dude."
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Fyren »

I just thought that spelling the word fire as fyre looked kind of cool, then I just added an n to the end to make it sound similar to siren and here we are. Also, fun fact, I was thinking about choosing Falri or FyrenFalri instead of Fyren, since I really liked the sound of the name Falri as well.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
Name
State: NY

Post by Name »

I used all of my creativity juices together, and with all of my brainpower I came up with... Name.
South Woods MS, Syosset HS '21
BirdSO TD/ES
Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi, Astro, Code, Fossils
1st place MIT Codebusters 2019-2020
1st place NYS Fermi Questions (2019), Astronomy and Codebusters (2021)
Science Olympiad Founder's Scholarship winner
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

SilverBreeze wrote: May 11th, 2020, 10:02 am
CPScienceDude wrote: May 10th, 2020, 7:54 pm I'm a dude, from Crown Point, who loves the sciences. Pretty simple lol.
You won't believe how long I thought it was a weird abbreviation for "computer science dude."
heh, idk the first thing about computer science. hehe, funny
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
DragonTownEpic
State: CA

Post by DragonTownEpic »

One day, in Elementary School, I needed a Roblox username. This stumped me for a while, so eventually, I ended up in my usual think tank, the bathroom. Suddenly, a thought came into my head. Dragons! I have no idea why I thought of dragons, as I wasn't very interested in dragons at the time. Unfortunately, when I went to the computer to register, "Dragon" was already taken. I pondered some more. What about some sort of town of dragons? A DragonTown? But, that sounded too similar to the mobile game Dragon City, which was popular at the time. So, I stuck on "Epic" and here I am.
These users thanked the author DragonTownEpic for the post (total 2):
sneepity (May 21st, 2020, 11:57 am) • Efesa (September 21st, 2020, 8:10 pm)
I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

DragonTownEpic wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:33 am One day, in Elementary School, I needed a Roblox username. This stumped me for a while, so eventually, I ended up in my usual think tank, the bathroom. Suddenly, a thought came into my head. Dragons! I have no idea why I thought of dragons, as I wasn't very interested in dragons at the time. Unfortunately, when I went to the computer to register, "Dragon" was already taken. I pondered some more. What about some sort of town of dragons? A DragonTown? But, that sounded too similar to the mobile game Dragon City, which was popular at the time. So, I stuck on "Epic" and here I am.
epic, dragon town
B)
SciolyMaster
State: MO

Post by SciolyMaster »

Let's just say my self-esteem used to be much, much higher in middle school...
Ladue Science Olympiad

2021 Events: Sounds, GeoMapping, DyPlan, Astro
Past Events: WaterQual, Ping Pong, Thermo, Hovercraft, Air Trajectory, Bottle Rocket

"It's [SciolyMaster] from Ladooooooo!"

Return to “General Chat”