Your Screenname

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Re: Your Screenname

Post by raytay »

So my user makes me lowkey cringe because it reminds me of my seventh grade self and my obsession with this username, but I’ve gotten iver it for the most part. Essentially, these are syllables of my first and last name that sound similar and at the time I created this name I thought it was THE coolest thing. I even wanted to become like a famous singer and use it as my stage name (not anymore, obviously). i
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Crazy idea: we should be allowed one free name change every x amount of years, something like 3-5. Many of us were exceptionally stupid in years prior and a fresh start would "reward" long time members. 0.0

The admins have told me why name changes are difficult and impractical, but just wanted to throw the idea out anyways lol
Last edited by MadCow2357 on September 25th, 2020, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author MadCow2357 for the post:
SciolyMaster (September 25th, 2020, 9:16 am)
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Why did I pick this? I have absolutely no idea! Idk I was fooling around with a code.org website and found the author meta tag and randomly came up with that and shoved it in there even though no search engine would ever index it because code.org! And then when signing up for this I reused that!! wOwiE sOmEoNe sAvE mE-
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
k1208438
Division: B
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by k1208438 »

My name came from my school ID and it just stuck.
Locoholic
State: VA

Post by Locoholic »

Finally I have somewhere to post my thoughts on my username lol I came up with this name around 4...maybe 5? years ago. This was around the time I was really interested in geography and places/traveling. "Loco-" is the latin root for place, so I just appended "holic" to it because it sounded okay I guess. I don't even know why I stuck with it since I was cognizant of the fact that it sounds quite similar to alcoholic, and it is in fact a play on words based on that. This was also around the time I started making my first usernames, period, on the internet, so I didn't have any other ideas. As I began to create more and more accounts with this name, a snowball effect happened, and I began to stick with it more and more.

Now, I can't really imagine myself having a different username (yes, I use this for *everything*), but at the same time I kinda hate it because of its resemblance to that other word. IMO it looks pretty good on-screen, but sounding it out makes it sound weird. That's why I'd like people to refer to me as just Loco.

This ended up being more of a rant than anything, but yeah, that's the story of my username.
Anatomy, Crime Busters, Meteo, RFTS

NCS/L. Braddock/Rustin/Harvard/Regionals/States/Nats (nvm RIP)

Anatomy :( - 5/1/8/1/3/?
Crime Busters - 2/1/1/1/1/?
Meteo - 1/2/2/1/1/?
RFTS - 1/1/2/1/1/?
space-egg
State: IN

Post by space-egg »

My username came from my Solar System partner. We were looking at some dwarf planet or moon (I don't remember which) and decided that it looked like an egg in space. It just kinda stuck after that and became a joke between us, and I eventually made my forum account and used it as my screen name.
the name's bond. covalent bond.

2019:
solar system and potions and poisons

2020 (yikes):
reach for the stars, ornithology, and meteorology

thanks for all the memories (:
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

space-egg wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:32 am My username came from my Solar System partner. We were looking at some dwarf planet or moon (I don't remember which) and decided that it looked like an egg in space. It just kinda stuck after that and became a joke between us, and I eventually made my forum account and used it as my screen name.
Haumea?
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
space-egg
State: IN

Post by space-egg »

Umaroth wrote: September 28th, 2020, 8:45 am
space-egg wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:32 am My username came from my Solar System partner. We were looking at some dwarf planet or moon (I don't remember which) and decided that it looked like an egg in space. It just kinda stuck after that and became a joke between us, and I eventually made my forum account and used it as my screen name.
Haumea?
Yeah, that's it!
the name's bond. covalent bond.

2019:
solar system and potions and poisons

2020 (yikes):
reach for the stars, ornithology, and meteorology

thanks for all the memories (:
twoplustwoisten
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

My user is from Portal. During the boss fight with GLaDOS in Portal, she says "You think you're doing some damage? Two plus two is...ten. In base four, I'm fine!" and GLaDOS is my one of my favourite characters. It's also math, and I usually (always) get assigned the math-y events, because I can math (sometimes).
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
scuffed
State: CA
Has thanked: 0

Post by scuffed »

I came up with my username while finding one that wasn't taken on the scioly.org website lol. But I actually do kinda like my username. It has a denotative meaning of "scraping", and that's what I feel like I do when I study for scioly. Usually, I would go to multiple test sets and go through each of then, finding bits and pieces of info that I don't have already, kind of like "scraping" the info off. Scuff also has the meaning of making a mark. And that's also what I want to achieve, to be able to make a mark in the world (or maybe just become better at scioly lol).
"When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic"

scuffed's Userpage

Kraemer Middle School 2018-2019
Troy High School 2020

2018: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Mystery Architecture, Write It Do It
2019: Crime Busters, Food Science
2020: Fossils, Water Quality

Return to “General Chat”