Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by SilverBreeze »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:30 am
CPScienceDude wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:23 am
MadCow2357 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 11:14 am Perhaps a wiki page could be created to record what each achievement means? It's a bit hard to remember what everything means.
I might do that. Someone else would have to do formatting tho lol
I'll pitch in. I just PMed the Wikimods to ask if it was ok, seeing as it's not directly related to competition, and some might consider the page useless.
We have an Off-Topic Forums section... maybe it's time to start its counterpart in the Wiki. You could group it with the lolmain page and the Div. D page.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

I got the "all good" from the Wikimods, we are good to start making the page.
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post:
pepperonipi (April 8th, 2020, 12:36 pm)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

Creationist127
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2020, 12:38 pm Here's the page: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Scien ... ement_List.
Now we gotta create userboxes for all the achievements...
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

Alright, I have every achievement from this subforum in there (I hope). Anyone have any ideas for how to make the page better?

SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2020, 2:53 pm Alright, I have every achievement from this subforum in there (I hope). Anyone have any ideas for how to make the page better?
Missed a couple of mine I tacked on to the end of my list... I can add them... might want to fix all caps vs. normal capitalization for achievement titles? Looks a bit mismatched, but not a priority.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

Alphabetization would be nice... I'm willing to do it. The ''' will need to be added to each of 'em to end the bolding, but it should be otherwise ready to put in the Wiki page.
*'''0 Degrees Kelvin Shoulder Achievement: Became enemies with your partner.
*'''ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team beat out all other teams by massive point margins.
*'''ACCESS GRANTED ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team win first by only 5 points or less.
*'''AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the prettiest engineering device, regardless of how well it works
*'''ANCIENT EGYPT ACHIEVEMENT: Handwrite your whole cheat sheet…
*'''ANCIENT SUMER ACHIEVEMENT: …on clay tablets
*'''ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the ugliest engineering device, preferably one held together entirely by tape – ultra bonus points if you end up winning
*'''AYUMU ACHIEVEMENT: Memorize a textbook
*'''Anti-Stoic Achievement: Celebrate a win in an event excessively with your teammates.
*'''At Least You Showed Up Achievement: Get last place in an event
*'''BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Know that you did horribly in an event, but still medal, probably because no one else knew what they were doing either
*'''BINARY ACHIEVEMENT: See MULTIPLES where n = 2
*'''BIOHAZARD ACHIEVEMENT: Compete even while fighting an illness.
*'''BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Completely make up a number or term to a free-response question and actually be right
*'''BOOKWORM AWARD: Do only study events
*'''BS ACHIEVEMENT: Make up your own theory to a Short Essay question and get full points for the question
*'''BSing Parasite Achievement: Write down bogus answer for 5 questions you have no clue about and still get them all right
*'''Best Loser: Get 2nd place in every event, and have your team win 2nd place at a competition
*'''CHECKPOINT IN DECIMAL AWARD: See MULTIPLES where n = 5
*'''COMMUNAL SLAY ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team finish first in all events, achieving the perfect team score of 23.
*'''CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: Get the same placing in the same event
*'''Century Achievement: Obtain 100 medals in your prolific Science Olympiad career.
*'''Clutch Achievement: Start studying for an event 24 hours before competition
*'''Cold Shoulder Achievement: You didn't like your teammate, so you gave them silent treatment and changed whatever they thought the answer was, even if it was right
*'''DECIMAL ACHIEVEMENT: See MULTIPLES where n = 10
*'''DEDICATED ENGINEER AWARD: Do only building events where you build something meant to take weight (Boomilever, Bridge Building, Scrambler, etc.)
*'''Dark Horse Achievement: Place top 10 at nationals as a team and not be mentioned in the Unofficial Rankings thread at all.
*'''ENEMY SPY ACHIEVEMENT: Give notes/designs to an enemy team.
*'''ESPANA Achievement: Get 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in your events at a meet.
*'''EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Take a calculation-based test without a calculator
*'''EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: You are partnered with B, who is partnered with C, and so on…until N is partnered with you
*'''EXTREME AERODYNAMICS AWARD: Do only building events where you build something intended to fly (Elastic Launched Glider, Bottle Rockets, Wright Stuff, etc.)
*'''Early Bird Achievement: Be the first to finish a test event in your time slot, but place 1st.
*'''Environmentally Cautious Achievement: Re-use more than 50% of an old engineering device
*'''"F" Achievement: Make a simple mistake at a meet which costs you tons of places, and a likely medal.
*'''FALSE FLEX ACHIEVEMENT: Discuss your top-notch practice scores in loud voices with your partner prior to the event, then utterly fail
*'''FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: Fail so spectacularly in a build event that you make the event supervisor's day and don't even feel disappointed
*'''FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Take a test without a cheat sheet or binder
*'''Freeloader Achievement: Your team places in the top 3, but one or more of your events completely sucked, as in last or close to last.
*'''GROWTH MINDSET ACHIEVEMENT: make a serious mistake with a partner early on, then do really well in a later season with the same partner.
*'''GUESSTIMATION ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device did not require use of a ruler/protractor/standard measurement tool
*'''HANDS-ON PRACTICE AWARD: Do only lab events
*'''HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event with a completely useless partner
*'''Hunger Achievement: Eat during an event, either your food or that of the event.
*'''INVITATIONALS RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Make a new friend at an invitational
*'''IT WAS THAT EASY? Achievement: A study event in which you have a cheat sheet, but you don't use it at all during the test and get first place(you can look for information, but if you don't find it than this still counts).
*'''International Relations Achievement: Make friends with a kid from a different school than you
*'''KNOW IT ALL: Same as above but you do that for all of your tests and get first place in all.
*'''LOL Achievement: Be the one who got 1st instead of the rage person
*'''LOVE MAKES YOU DUMB AWARD: Don't medal in an event, probably because your significant other was doing that event, too
*'''Late Bloomer Achievement: Show up late to an event (preferably not intentional) and still manage to get a medal
*'''Love Shoulder Achievement: Your teammate became your significant other
*'''MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event the day of competition
*'''MIRACLE WORKER ACHIEVEMENT: Place bottom half at regionals and then get top 5 at state.
*'''MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: Completely guess an answer for a multiple choice/matching question and be right
*'''Metric Master Achievement: After being in Metric Mastery, you switched from American to Metric system.
*'''Michael Bay Achievement: Light something on fire during your event slot.
*'''Multiples Achievement: Have every place you get at a meet be a multiple of n where n =/= 1 (ex. 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 8th)
*''''MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in same competition
*'''N2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3 events with the same partner
*'''NATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Make a new friend at nationals
*'''NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: The equation (or information) is not on your cheat sheet, so you derive it (or reason it out) during the test
*'''National Security Achievement: Acquire three or more feet of "TSA INSPECTED" tape on baggage while travelling to a Science Olympiad competition.
*'''National Security Threat Achievement: Get stopped at the airport during security because one of your builds/lab equipment looks suspicious.
*'''Nice Anti-Stoic Achievement: Support anyone on your team who medalled, regardless what they placed
*'''Night Owl Achievement: Finish last in your respective event slot, and get first, because you stayed to quadruple check your answers.
*'''O2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 2 events with the same partner
*'''OOPSIES ACHIEVEMENT: Forget your notes for a test event, but medal anyway, because you're just that good.
*'''PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event as the completely useless partner
*'''PARASITE POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: see Event POLYGON, but you carry B, who carries C, who carries you
*'''PLAYER DOWN ACHIEVEMENT: Sustain an injury at a competition.
*'''POPULARITY AWARD: Go to more than one invitational in one year
*'''POTATO ACHIEVEMENT: Compete in the same event for two years in a row but still stink at it the second year
*'''POWER COUPLE AWARD: Medal in an event with your significant other
*'''PRINTER AWARD: Medal 1, 2, 4 (bonus points if you somehow get a black ribbon too).
*'''Plato Achievement: Support anyone on your team who medalled, regardless what they placed.
*'''RAGE ACHIEVEMENT: Actually get first in an event (raw score) but don't get the medal because graders screwed up
*'''RAINBOW AWARD: Have a medal of each placement color(for me that's 1-6 place, might vary by location) in your collection. PARTICIPATION COLLECTION: Have a significant portion of your medal collection come from participation medals.
*'''REGIONALS RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Make a new friend at regionals
*'''REVENGE ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team beat a team you previously lost to.
*'''REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: Your blueprint or practice log was created after your engineering device was built. Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!
*'''SLEEP DEPRIVATION ACHIEVEMENT: Fall asleep during your event because you were up WAY too late "studying" for your events
*'''SPEED BUILD ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device breaks in transit, so you rebuild the whole thing at competition
*'''SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: Accidentally skip a question/station on your answer sheet, so you end up having to redo everything after said question. Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!
*'''SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Finish half of your test or more in the last 15 minutes
*'''STATES RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Make a new friend at states
*'''STOCK MARKET CRASH ACHIEVEMENT: Get first at regionals and then tank at State.
*'''STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Use a binder/notes/cheat sheet made by a previous team member instead of your own
*'''SUSPENSE ACHIEVEMENT: Have your placements announced in order of worst-to-best(not necessarily alphabetical, just how they announced it, e.g., delays)
*'''SWEEP ACHIEVEMENT: Win 1st at Regionals, State, and Nationals
*'''Scioly Guy Achievement: Become the ultimate nerd and join the forums.
*'''Scripps Achievement: Spell your name or your school's name wrong on a test or a box/bag with materials or building stuff from your school.
*'''Sea Cucumber Achievement: Have you or a partner consume sand and excrete it somehow during an event......
*'''Shocker Achievement: Find out you need to do another event the day of the tournament.
*'''Slay Achievement: Place first in all your events.
*'''Stoic Achievement: Show no emotion after winning an event, even if you're really happy.
*'''Surrounded By Idiots Achievement: Have an argument with a Coach/Event Supervisor/Competitor that doesn't know what they're doing.
*'''Switzerland Achievement: Get only 2nd and 3rd in all your events at a meet.
*'''Symbiotic Relationship Achievement: You can't succeed in your event without your partner and your partner also needs you to succeed.
*'''TERNARY ACHIEVEMENT: See MULTIPLES where n = 3
*'''THE LENGTHS I GO FOR SCIENCE OLYMPIAD ACHIEVEMENT: Work so hard on Science Olympiad that your GPA dips a couple points....
*'''Team Relations Achievement: Made friends on your team
*'''The Generous Donor Achievement: Let someone "borrow" your pencil/ruler/protractor/calculator/notes/salinometer/build.
*'''Thug Life Achievement: Your build event has a construction violation, but you medal anyway, because you're that savage.
*'''ULTRA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Don't start working until the day of Nationals
*'''UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms
*'''UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: Beat the 2nd place team by a ridiculous margin
*'''Useless Calculator Achievement: Scramble to obtain a calculator before a test event, only to not need the calculator at all.
*'''Virtuoso Achievement: Notice an error on a test question, and point it out to the event supervisor.
*'''Warm Shoulder Achievement: Became friendlier with the one you cold shouldered.
*'''Work Hard/Play Hard Achievement: Win an event having been partying all night before (i.e. pulling an all-nighter at the hotel, not studying, watching netflix, etc.)
*'''YAHTZEE ACHIEVEMENT: Get the exact same place in all your events at a competition.
These users thanked the author Things2do for the post:
jimmy-bond (April 9th, 2020, 11:37 am)
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by pb5754 »

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT - Chem Lab @ YUSO 2020 (6th), turns out i forgot almost everything from ap chem :cry:
EULER ACHIEVEMENT - Chem Lab during tryouts 2018-19... did not turn out well rip :cry:
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT - I'm pretty sure I've done this a couple of times in astro and other events.
BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT - Geo Mapping @ States 2019 (1st) - we thought we dropped but apparently we won?, YUSO 2020 (3rd) - soloing fossils is too hard lol
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT - everyones done this at least once...
BS ACHIEVEMENT - DP (1st) @ States 2019 - my partner and i were dumb and had never heard of the 8.2 kiloyear event and we had to explain why it happened i think, so i bsed some stuff about thermohaline circulation that i think was right.
HOST ACHIEVEMENT - Geo Mapping @ YUSO 2020 - my partner was a freshman who had never done the event before and didn't really know any geology either, so I let him practice codebusters stuff and ocassionally asked him to flip through my binder for me lol
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT - DP @ States 2019 - tbh my partner sorta had to carry me bc i spent most of my time before states grinding for geo mapping oops
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT - Geo Mapping @ Princeton 2019 (4th) - i think our binder dated all the way back to 2015 (we couldn't use it this year because it was more than 2 inches and i also may have lost it rip), Fossils @ every competition 2020 - our binder was largely made by the two seniors who did the event last year.
EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT - numerous times (for example, my astro partner's chem lab partner's protein modeling partner's experimental design partner's codes partner was my geologic mapping partner).
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT - almost every single time oops
Scripps Achievement - Given that I always write out "West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South" on every test, I wouldn't be surprised if I've done this many times.
Slay Achievement - States 2019
BOOKWORM AWARD - builds suck
Virtuoso Achievement - Many times
POPULARITY AWARD
Multiples Achievement - MIT 2020 - 2nd (Astro), 4th (Geologic Mapping), 10th (Protein Modeling), 18th (Fossils) (n=2)
BINARY ACHIEVEMENT - See above.
POTATO ACHIEVEMENT - Astro 2019, Fossils 2020
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

I've marked two of the listings with a "1X" superscript. They're the same thing under two different names, and I wasn't sure of what should be done about it. Those're the only instances of "1X" on the page, so you can find 'em quickly with [CTRL] + [F] .
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
jimmy-bond
State: OH

Post by jimmy-bond »

Does it count for National Security Achievement if my friend brought 50 decks of cards and TSA made him go through each one because they thought he was smuggling cocaine? No clue if he actually got the tape but still, it has to be worth something.
ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: that one year we went to a different regionals than the other top 2 teams in Hawaii... Good times.
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

Return to “General Chat”