Scioly Achievement List

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
sneepity
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by sneepity »

*'''FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: Fail so spectacularly in a build event that you make the event supervisor's day and don't even feel disappointed (lol)
*'''THE LENGTHS I GO FOR SCIENCE OLYMPIAD ACHIEVEMENT: Work so hard on Science Olympiad that your GPA dips a couple points.... yeap
*''' ANTI Team Relations Achievement: Made friends on your team (not) lol I made enemies
*'''Nice Anti-Stoic Achievement: Support anyone on your team who medalled, regardless what they placed (he worked so hard!!! :))
B)
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

sneepity wrote: April 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm *'''FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: Fail so spectacularly in a build event that you make the event supervisor's day and don't even feel disappointed (lol)
*'''THE LENGTHS I GO FOR SCIENCE OLYMPIAD ACHIEVEMENT: Work so hard on Science Olympiad that your GPA dips a couple points.... yeap
*''' ANTI Team Relations Achievement: Made friends on your team (not) lol I made enemies
*'''Nice Anti-Stoic Achievement: Support anyone on your team who medalled, regardless what they placed (he worked so hard!!! :))
*'''FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: Fail so spectacularly in a build event that you make the event supervisor's day and don't even feel disappointed (lol)
Also the 0 Kelvin shoulder achievement- somehow became enemies with them
beat the curve achievement- I still don't know how to this day.
clutch achievement- doesn't everyone tho
SCIOLY GUY ACHIEVEMENT: Become the ultimate nerd and join the forums. hehe
THE GENEROUS DONOR ACHIEVEMENT: Let someone "borrow" your pencil/ruler/protractor/calculator/notes/salinometer/build. lol I lost a mechanical pencil
WARM SHOULDER ACHIEVEMENT: Became friendlier with the one you cold shouldered. (because we placed)
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms. ( doesnt everyone )
I updated it! sorry for double posting it : (
B)
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Umaroth »

ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: States last year was a decent win of 40 points, plus many invitationals this year
ANCIENT EGYPT ACHIEVEMENT: Amazing Mechatronics cheatsheet has to be handwritten for some reason
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: My Detector at tryouts was literally held with blue tape in a cardboard box
AT LEAST YOU SHOWED UP ACHIEVEMENT: Tier 2 with 2 failed runs in Roller Coaster at Mesa-Wilson invitational, got 42nd out of 42 teas
BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Meteorology at UT invitational, somehow managed to medal with a cheatsheet that was literally copy-paste of the wiki, also Meteorology at Nationals, I thought the test was quite difficult and managed to get 2nd
BIOHAZARD ACHIEVEMENT: I know for sure Churchill invite last year, don't remember what else
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Forgot to put Wilson Cycle in DP binder before MIT invite, managed to bs my way to getting most of the points on the 12 point Wilson Cycle question
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: 1st in Battery Buggy at Churchill and Ladera Vista, then Mesa-Wilson and Kraemer; 2nd in Circuit Lab for Ladera Vista, Mira Loma, and Mesa-Wilson, then 1st at Kraemer, Regionals, and States; 2nd at Meteorology at Mira Loma and Mesa-Wilson, then 1st at Kraemer and Regionals; 1st in Dynamic Planet at Regionals and States; 3rd in Detector Building at SOLVI and Mira Loma, 4th at MIT and Regionals
CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Did no studying for Meteorology before UT invite, copy-pasted the wiki page into a google doc at 2 AM and printed it as a cheatsheet, managed to get 4th
ENEMY SPY ACHIEVEMENT: I like helping people, ask me anything!
EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Does Codebusters count? Never really use my calculator for any of the math. Also at tryouts for the 2019 season my calculator fell before we started Code and it broke.
EARLY BIRD ACHIEVEMENT: Finished DP test at States early and got 1st, also finished Code test at Regionals early this year, but they didn't let us leave
ENVIRONMENTALLY CAUTIOUS ACHIEVEMENT: Reused a lot of Battery Buggy parts for Machines
FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Tossed into Solar System 5 hours before it started
GUESSTIMATION ACHIEVEMENT: Our alignment device at UT for Battery Buggy was a piece of paper and a water bottle covered with tape
HOST ACHIEVEMENT: My later DP partner was put in as a filler at Ladera Vista invite, also had a filler for Battery Buggy at regionals because my partner had a conflict
INVITATIONALS RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Self-explanatory
IT WAS THAT EASY? ACHIEVEMENT: I think it was Meteorology at Mira Loma, plus a few times for Dynamic
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Self-explanatory
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: many times
'MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Two 3rds, two 2nds, and a 1st at Mira Loma 2019, and a 3rd, three 2nds, and a 1st at SOLVI 2020
NATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT:
NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT ACHIEVEMENT: Detector was in a cardboard box with duct tape and random wires passing through airport security, you can figure out the rest
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Filler for towers at Kraemer 2018, got 1st
PLAYER DOWN ACHIEVEMENT: Hit in the face playing ultimate frisbee at Regionals
POPULARITY AWARD: Been to quite a few invitationals each year
PRINTER AWARD: 1st in Codebusters, 2nd in Dynamic, 4th in Detector at Regionals
REGIONALS RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Self-explanatory
REVENGE ACHIEVEMENT: Lost to Jeffrey Trail until Regionals and States in 2019
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: My Detector partner at SOLVI was working on a calculation question and had a lot of the test left
STATES RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Self-explanatory
SCIOLY GUY ACHIEVEMENT: I mean I'm on the forums right now right?
SHOCKER ACHIEVEMENT: Filled for Roller Coaster at Mira Loma 2018 and Solar System at Kraemer 2018
SWITZERLAND ACHIEVEMENT: Got 3rd at Battery Buggy and Circuit Lab and 2nd at Dynamic and Meteorology at Nats
TEAM RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Why wouldn't you be friends with teammates?
THE GENEROUS DONOR ACHIEVEMENT: Let some kids borrow pencils when proctoring and they never returned them :(
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: For some reason I went to GeoMaps at MIT instead of Detector
VIRTUOSO ACHIEVEMENT: Many proctors, many mistakes...

And most importantly:
POWER COUPLE ACHIEVEMENT: Dynamic Duo in Dynamic Planet with SilverBreeze at Mira Loma and MIT :) <3
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by SilverBreeze »

Umaroth wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm And most importantly:
POWER COUPLE ACHIEVEMENT: Dynamic Duo in Dynamic Planet with SilverBreeze at Mira Loma and MIT :) <3
Those medals were all yours. I just circled random stuff and looked for WQ questions and got two free medals.
MIT was fun.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
IHateClouds
State: PA

Post by IHateClouds »

Umaroth wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Did no studying for Meteorology before UT invite, copy-pasted the wiki page into a google doc at 2 AM and printed it as a cheatsheet, managed to get 4th
this really says a lot of truth about meteo lol
These users thanked the author IHateClouds for the post:
sneepity (September 23rd, 2020, 11:01 am)
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Going through the wiki page, here's all the ones I haven't posted yet (have already posted MULTIPLE GUESS, BLIND STAB, HOST, 'MURICA, IT WAS THAT EASY?, POPULARITY, SYMBIOTIC, VIRTUOSO, BEAT THE CURVE, and OOPSIES):
ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: We won the Nebo Invitational this year by 37 points (sorry, Utah teams!).
AT LEAST YOU SHOWED UP ACHIEVEMENT: It wasn't last, but I got 59th in Fast Facts at 2017 Nats.
BOOKWORM ACHIEVEMENT: If I count Protein Modeling as a study event, then yes (I didn't really do anything with the build anyway)
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: Last year, I got 4th in Heredity at DISCO and State.
ULTRA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Technically, I didn't study at all for Periodic Table Quiz last year...
EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: I worked this out, our team done has done it with all 15
EARLY BIRD ACHIEVEMENT: Done this several times: DD at State 2017, Road at State 2019, and DesGenes and GeoMapping at Nebo 2020.
"F" ACHIEVEMENT: At 2018 Nationals, my Road partner set our binder on top of a question set and didn't find it until the end. We likely dropped around 10 places because of it.
FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Essentially the same as OOPSIES.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Particularly 2019 Nats.
INVITATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Meeting IdahoSciGuy at the North JH Invite this year!
NATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: See above.
O2 ACHIEVEMENT: Mini-invites this year with DesGenes and ProMod, and very nearly at Nebo as well.
PRINTER ACHIEVEMENT: My first and third years at state (although 4th didn't get medals).
RAINBOW ACHIEVEMENT: I have seven golds, five silvers, and three bronzes (Nats is the only competition I've been to with more than three medaling places).
REVENGE ACHIEVEMENT: Many Nats teams, but also, at 2017 State, beating St. Joseph's Catholic School for the first time.
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM: This has happened many times, most recently with DD and DesGenes this year.
SCIOLY GUY ACHIEVEMENT: No explanation needed.
TEAM HEIRLOOM ACHIEVEMENT: As far as I know, our Road binder still has the name of our 2016 competitor on the front...
TEAM RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Science Olympiad is one of my largest sources of friends, for which I'm very grateful.

Also, last year at State, our high school team came about as close as anyone ever has to completing the COMMUNAL SLAY ACHIEVEMENT with a score of 28 (18 golds, 5 silvers).
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

SilverBreeze wrote: April 9th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Umaroth wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm And most importantly:
Those medals were all yours. I just circled random stuff and looked for WQ questions and got two free medals.
MIT was fun.
You got all the WQ type questions I didn't know, I wouldn't have medalled without you!
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

wow all of you guys must be really experienced ! The amount of achievements you guys have is mind boggling. : - )
B)
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by BennyTheJett »

sneepity wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm wow all of you guys must be really experienced ! The amount of achievements you guys have is mind boggling. : - )
The power couple from Troy probably already has most of them...
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:29 pm
sneepity wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm wow all of you guys must be really experienced ! The amount of achievements you guys have is mind boggling. : - )
The power couple from Troy probably already has most of them...
power couple indeed!
B)

Return to “General Chat”