Need HELP!!!!!! - OBB Archive - Scioly.org
keyboard_backspace Return to Parent Forum

View Topic - Need HELP!!!!!!

search Search

Re: Need HELP!!!!!! highlight_alt

By nam_g at 2008-05-24 02:12:31

openBB died out, and with that bugs stopped being worked out and new features stopped being developed. Maybe Jim should consider switching to another system.

By Matthew at 2008-05-25 06:31:34

Jerry, I just got another call from the Bill Support Desk manager. I told you we shouldn't have outsourced technical support to Wyoming.

All I could make out from a combination of his broken English and what sounded like a thousand cow horns being blown out of sync was that the Discombobulator is clogged again.

I don't care how you fix this, make it happen. I don't care if it means buying Charles fuschia hair dye to pull him out of retirement. Your dignity is no excuse not to run over to Hair Colours R Us tomorrow.

By BU662 at 2008-05-28 07:28:41

Jim, Charles, if you need help, I am ready to help or to send you updated code. Would be great to hear from you again!

One of the plus-points of OpenBB not beeing so popular any longer is the fact that it is not exposed to Hack-Attempts in the same way as it has been and other forums are.

However, with only a few people still working on the code, the coding of new features has de-facto died. Jim does/did a bit, Charles does a bit, I did a bit on my forum. But everyone has a slightly different idea what is priority.

One of the biggest limiters is the fact that those that code often have everyday duties. Call it Work, call it University. And that limits the amount of time we all can spend on these projects.

By andrewwski at 2008-05-30 01:27:28

I'm not much of a server-techie-guy, but can this server run MegaBBS? It's another free one, and I've been on forums with it before and it works extremely well.

By JeRRy at 2008-05-30 04:20:02

Matthew, do you think we could come up with Bill trinkets of some sort as BTS swag?

By computernerd4826 at 2008-06-10 03:28:37

how abut using phpbb3?

By oh joy at 2008-06-12 15:44:02

hey, does any1 know how 2 send private messages? it keeps on coming up with: You must specify a reciever that will recieve your message, go back and correct this.

By Dark Sabre at 2008-06-12 16:42:35

You can't at the moment. That's one of the reasons we are switching software.