Due to continuing complications and precautions around the coronavirus outbreak, the 2021 Ohio State Tournament was held virtually on Scilympiad and hosted 50 teams in each division. Results were released via video two weeks later on Saturday, April 24th, 2021. It was during the coaches' meeting before the competition that long-time State Director Angela Davis announced that she would be resigning her position after this season, but would continue to be involved in Science Olympiad at the National level and in less formal ways. Many schools did not field teams this season.
The qualifying Regional tournaments were also held virtually and the normal eight Regions were combined into two "super-regions". The details of those Combined Virtual Regionals can be seen on the Northeastern Virtual Combined Regional and Western Virtual Combined Regional pages.
- Ties are broken by most golds, then most silvers, then most bronzes.
- NS = No Show - five teams qualified to complete, but did not attend the tournament.
- a Revere High School had two 4th place medals in Dynamic Planet and Water Quality, while Springfield High School did not have any 4th place medals to break the tie. Revere did have to high medals in events that were trial/practice events that did not count towards advancement (1st in Agriobio and 3rd in Gravity Vehicle).
- b Aurora High School had one 4th place medal in Chemistry Lab, while Copley did not have any medals to break the tie.
- cHeritage Homeschool group's highest placement in a non-trial/practice event was 18th in Machines, while Stow-Munroe Falls High School's highest placement was 23rd in Protein Modeling to break the tie. Stow-Munroe Falls High School did place 17th in a trial/practice event that did not count towards advancement (Detector Building).
- NS = no show, Alexander qualified to compete, but did not attend the tournament.
The results presentation was done virtually on April 24th, 2021 (two weeks after the competition), and were presented in a video.