Central East Pennsylvania Regional
|Central East Pennsylvania Regional
|Member of SO Since
|6 B, 21 C
|Division B Champion
|Springhouse Middle School
|Division C Champion
|Parkland High School
|Not held in 2021
The Central East region of Pennsylvania currently consists of Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Northumberland, Northampton, and Schuylkill counties. It is currently held at Kutztown University. In 2021, Central East teams in Division B combined with the Southeast Pennsylvania Regional to create a temporary East Regional. Teams in Division C were distributed evenly into the Northeast Pennsylvania Regional and the Central Pennsylvania Regional.
The Central East Regional began competing in 1997, when it broke off from the Northeast Pennsylvania Regional (Lehigh Valley teams) and the Southeast Pennsylvania Regional (Reading area teams). Since then, it has routinely produced competitive teams at the state level. In 2014, Springhouse Middle School became the first team from the region to qualify for the national tournament.
In 2020, the B Division event was initially cancelled due to a lack of registered teams, with most of the remaining teams subsequently registering for the Northeast regional tournament. However, both regionals were subsequently cancelled due to the 2019-20 Coronavirus outbreak.
In 2021, due to ongoing recovery from COVID-19, teams from Division B competed in the temporary East Regional with teams from Northeast and Southeast regionals. Teams from Division C were distributed into the Northeast Pennsylvania Regional and the Central Pennsylvania Regional to create two evenly-sized regional tournaments.
Past Regional Champions
This is a record of the past Regionals champions and runners up, and their respective places at the state competition. Scores at the regional competition may be shown in parentheses. Division B sent 5 teams to the State Competition prior to 2009, when they were only alloted 4 spots. Division C has sent 6 for the last few years.
- 1 These placements represent the relative placements of Central East Regional teams based on the results of the combined East Regional. See Southeast South Pennsylvania Regional for full East Regional results.
- 1 Indicates that the team won a medal tiebreaker.
- 2 These placements represent the relative placements of Central East Regional teams based on statewide regional results. See Central Pennsylvania Regional and Northeast Pennsylvania Regional for full regional results.
- 2009 B/C
- 2010 B/C (Not Available)
- 2011 B/C
- 2012 B/C
- 2013 B/C
- 2014 B/C
- 2015 B/C
- 2016 B/C
- 2017 B/C
- 2018 B/C
- 2019 B/C
NOTE: This is a list of all teams that registered for the 2020 version of this regional. For a more complete list of all teams that have competed in this regional, please see Pennsylvania#Teams.
- Allentown Central Catholic High School
- Emmaus High School
- Exeter Township Senior High School
- Fleetwood Area High School
- Governor Mifflin High School
- Kutztown Area High School
- Nazareth Area High School
- Northampton Area High School
- Northwestern Lehigh High School
- Oley Valley High School
- Parkland High School
- Schuylkill Valley High School
- Twin Valley High School
- Whitehall High School
- Wilson High School