|Regions of Georgia
The state of Georgia includes multiple regional tournaments, which serve as qualifiers for the state tournament. Regional tournaments are open - teams can choose which regional they want to attend (per space availability) - and historically each regional has been single-division. Currently there are eight Division B regionals and seven Division C regionals, although in previous years a smaller number was more common.
State tournament bids are allocated primarily proportionally (the exact system is unknown); that is, each regional gets a number of state bids proportional to its size relative to other regionals, and in line with the intended number of teams at the state tournament. In previous years there have been "wild card" bids, which were allocated to some teams that narrowly missed the regular cutoff.
Current Regional Tournaments
University of North Georgia-Dahlonega - February 3, 2018 Cancelled
- Georgia Tech - February 10, 2018
- Middle Georgia State University - February 17, 2018
- Gordon State College - February 24, 2018
- East Georgia State College - February 24, 2018
- University of Georgia - February 24, 2018
- Kennesaw State University-SPSU - February 24, 2018
- Georgia Perimeter College - March 3, 2018
- Forsyth County (Forsyth Central High School) - February 10, 2018
- Coweta County (Northgate High School) - February 10, 2018
- University of North Georgia-Gainesville - February 17, 2018
- Georgia Southern University - February 17, 2018
- South Georgia State College - February 23, 2018
- Columbus State University - February 24, 2018
- Georgia State University - February 24, 2018
- Northeast Georgia (Oconee County High School) - March 3, 2018
Regional Tournaments by year
The table below shows which regional tournaments have been run in previous years and in what division (see the key at the bottom).