This article is just for fun. It is not official and is not related to the National Science Olympiad, any official tournaments or events, or teams that compete at those tournaments. Instead, this page is satirical or details an event on Scioly.org.
The Think Different games are a series of games on the Scioly.org forums that anyone can host. The goal of the game is to give answers to ten questions that don't match anyone else's.
The current rules are as follows.
- 1. You have 10 questions that you try to guess a correct answer for.
- 2. The catch is that the goal is to get the fewest number of points. The way you earn points is for each correct answer you give, you will earn the number of points equal to the number of people who guessed that answer. So, for instance, if your answer to Question 1 is Thomas Jefferson and 3 other people guessed that answer, you would earn 4 points for that question (1 for yours and 3 for the others). If you get the answer wrong, you earn the number of points equal to the number of participants plus 5 points (i.e. if there are 13 participants, you get 18 points). The best attainable score is 10 points.
- 3. There are two bonuses you could use to replace an answer: DROP and SHEEP. DROP means you earn 1 point for that question. SHEEP means you earn the number of points equal to the answer that the most people answered. So for instance, if the correct answers were A, B, C, and D, and 7 people guessed A, 6 people guessed B, 3 people guessed C, and 2 people guessed D, then the people who said SHEEP would earn 7 points for the answer (your SHEEP doesn't count as an answer and doesn't affect the others' scores). You get only 1 of each bonus if you so choose to use them. It is advised that you use DROP before SHEEP. Again, using bonuses is not required.
- 4. PM me your responses by [date/time]. Any answers PMed after that point will not be considered.
- 5. Make sure not to cheat, please. Cheating is defined as letting other users know what your answers are before the deadline is reached. For this game, you may use any sources to find your answers (i.e. the wiki, Google, etc.).
- 6. Users can change their answers before the due date arrives, but after the due date, answers may not be changed.
|#||Title||Host||Start date||Link||# of users||Winner|
|1||The Trial||Lumosityfan||7/24/17||1||9||SenseiSushi and Tailsfan101 (tie)|
|3||The Third one||Froggie||8/2/17||3||12||Panda Weasley|
|4||I'm Back||Tailsfan101||1/18/18||4||7||Anomaly and knottingpurple (tie)|
|5||Never Too Late||Tailsfan101||6/28/18||5||9||eddpmett|
|6||Return of the Different1||Jacobi||10/10/18||6||7||TheChiScientist|
|7||What Do You Have To Lose?||Tailsfan101||1/2/19||7||11||hippo9|
|8||The Wait Is Over||Tailsfan101||7/9/20||8||7||Things2do|
|9||I Just Can't Wait!||HugoTroop||7/27/20||9||10||BennyTheJett and Tailsfan101 (tie)|
|11||Gas Gas Gas||BennyTheJett||9/1/20||11||3||Three-way tie for first, called due to inactivity|
|15||Rulers and Revolutionaries||HugoTroop||1/20/21||15||8||caitlinwithaC|
|17||This Title Has Been Intentionally Left Blank||HugoTroop||6/30/21||17||10||aakoala|
- 1In game 6, questions were released one at a time over ten days. Unlike other games, the highest score won.