|Years in SO||5|
|Events competed in||15|
|Number of competitions||9|
|Number of tests written||10|
BennyTheJett is a Scioly alumni (Div. D) from Menomonie High School in Wisconsin. He has been participating in Science Olympiad since his 8th grade year, although he didn't get serious about it until his sophomore year in high school, a decision he regrets. He was exalted on the forums on April 3rd, 2020; his crowning achievement of Science Olympiad (he was re-exalted on September 7th, 2020). He also can claim to have participated in the very first online Science Olympiad meet. If you want to contact Benny, shoot him a PM. He loves meeting new people in real life and on the forums. If he doesn't respond he's usually solving a puzzle. One of his other claims to fame was that on the date 10/17/21 at 11:20pm, Benny broke Pikachu4919's soul (central time, not literally broke Pika's soul, just metaphorically).
|GYNO||Get Your Nerd On!|
|This user checks the Scioly Forums daily!|
|wow!||This User Has Been Exalted|
|🍔||Dis usah can has cheezburger?|
- In 2017-2018, BennyTheJett competed in Astronomy, Dynamic Planet, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Rocks and Minerals, and Sustainable energy. (Benny only tried in Rocks and Dynamic)
- In 2018-2019, BennyTheJett competed in Anatomy, Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, and Herpetology. (Benny dropped Anatomy for Geologic Mapping before the Boyceville Open Invitational)
- 2020 Events: Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Astronomy, Geologic Mapping, Water Quality.
- 2021 Events: Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Virtual Geocaching, Geologic Mapping, Water Quality, Wright Stuff
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Dynamic Planet at Boyceville Invitational.|
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Rocks And Minerals at Medford Invitational.|
|4th||BennyTheJett has received a 4th place medal in Dynamic Planet at Medford Invitational.|
|4th||BennyTheJett has received a 4th place medal in Rocks And Minerals at Wisconsin West Regional Division C.|
|4th||BennyTheJett has received a 4th place medal in Dynamic Planet at Wisconsin West Regional Division C.|
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Rocks And Minerals at 2018 Wisconsin State Tournament.|
|Bronze||BennyTheJett has received a Bronze medal in Fossils at Medford Invite.|
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Herpetology at Medford Invite.|
|Bronze||BennyTheJett has received a Bronze medal in Dynamic Planet at the UWRF Border Battle.|
|4th||BennyTheJett has received a 4th place medal in Dynamic Planet at West Regional.|
|Bronze||BennyTheJett has received a Bronze medal in Fossils at West Regional.|
|Silver||BennyTheJett has received a Silver medal in Geologic Mapping at West Regional.|
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Geologic Mapping at the Wisconsin State Competition.|
|5th||BennyTheJett has received a 5th place medal in Dynamic Planet at the Wisconsin State Competition.|
|Silver||BennyTheJett has received a Silver medal in Aerodynamic Challenge at the Wisconsin State Competition.|
This was Benny's first year on the varsity team, so he thought it better to track all his places rather than just his medals.
- At Belleville invitational there were 2 divisions, big and small school. Small schools medalled out to 4th, while big schools medalled out to second. Benny actually only got 1 physical metal, but he listed his events that fell in the top 4 for consistency with other schools at said tournament.
- Benny did Boomilever at the Wisconsin West Regional. He got 5th with a score of ~900 (he was also carried and had no clue what he was doing).
- Benny was beat by the JV team in Geologic Mapping at the regional tournament, however JV teams do not factor into placements, only varsity teams, so Benny got the gold.
This was a very difficult year for Benny. He was in his senior year, but his long time Fossils partner quit the team, meaning he would have to shoulder all the weight of that event, and ended up soloing the event for the entire season. It was also a challenge at every tournament, as because the tournaments were online, Benny often found himself competing against many of the very best teams in the nation. This did not bode well for his results. Nevertheless, it was a fun and rather eventful way to conclude his Science Olympiad career.
|Lean Mean Meme Machine||-||-||-||12th||-||-||-||-||-||2nd|
|Anatomy and Physiology||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||1st||-|
- -: Did not compete.
- %:Benny lost the lottery :sadge:
- %%: Benny won the lottery!
- In the 2021 season, there were a lot of online competitions due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Because competitions were online there were many very talented schools competing with Benny during this season, and medals were very tough to obtain.
- In the 2021 season, Benny actually competed in the Boyceville Invitational before the Belleville Invitational.
Test Writing / Event Supervising
|West Regional||Boyceville, WI||2/15/20||Fossils B Writer|
|SSSS||Online||-||Fossils Writer, Geology Moderator|
|Rickards Invitational||Online||12/6/2020||Fossils C Writer, Event Supervisor|
|Las Vegas Invitational||Online||12/19/2020||Dynamic Planet C Co-Writer, Event Supervisor|
|Socorro High Invitational||Online||1/9/2021||Dynamic Planet B Writer, Event Supervisor|
|SMEC||Online||Late January 2021||Fossils Writer, Event Supervisor|
|RHSOI||Online||Late February 2021||Dynamic Planet Writer, Event Supervisor|
|BirdSO~||Online||3/7/21-3/13/21||Fossils B Volunteer Grader|
|Menomonie High School Invitational||Online||3/13/21||Dynamic Planet B Writer, Tournament Director's Tech Support xD|
|New Mexico State Tournament||Online||3/20/21||Dynamic Planet B/C Co-Writer (kman1234t, Hoatzin, AlfWeg)|
|Lexington Invitational||Online||4/17/21||Test Quality Oversight, Grading|
|UT Invitational||Austin, Texas||10/30/21||Solar Power Writer|
|Rickards Invitational||Online||November 6th and 7th, 2021||Rocks and Minerals B/C Writer, Event Supervisor. Test: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yPXaK8o5IVEiWrvyrNKeOVmpU20Y3JP2?usp=sharing|
|Boyceville Invitational||Boyceville, Wisconsin||12/4/21||Rocks and Minerals C Co-Writer, Event Supervisor|
|Raymond Partk Invitational||Online||12/11/21||Rocks and Minerals C Writer, Event Supervisor|
- After writing for the West Regional in 2020, Benny developed a strong liking for writing tests, so he decided to apply to write tests for more tournaments across the country, and was able to Event Supervise as well, just because the competitions were online. He very much appreciates feedback on his tests, and is always looking to improve as a writer.
- ~: Benny got a cool shirt!
Favorite HS Events Ranked
Dynamic Planet (Oceans)
Dynamic Planet (Tectonics)
Rocks and Minerals
Geologic Mapping (Active Margins)
Water Quality (Estuaries)
Dynamic Planet (Glaciers)
Geologic Mapping (Passive Margins)
Every Other Event Ever
Science Olympiad Achievements
Clutch Achievement (Astronomy @ Regionals, Freshman Year)
Mega-Clutch Achievement (Ecology Freshman Year)
Host Achievement (R+M Medford Invite, Freshman Year)
Flying Solo Achievement (Dynamic Planet @ Boyceville Invite, Sophomore Year)
Beat The Curve Achievement (Herpetology @ Medford Invite, Sophomore Year)
Multiple Guess Achievement (Every test, every meet)
Blind Stab Achievement (See above)
Consistency Achievement (R+M Freshman Year)
Donor Achievement (My calculator at most invites)
(SPAIN)ish Achievement (Regionals Sophomore Year)
Uncontested Achievement (Belleville Junior Year in DyPlan. Won by ~20 points. Second place had third place by ~25 points)
'Merica Achievement (Boyceville Junior Year. 1st: Water Quality, 2nd: Geologic Mapping, 3rd: DyPlan, 4th: Fossils, 5th: Astronomy
Sweep Achievement (Regionals Junior Year)
OOPSIES Achievement (Medford Junior Year)
Scioly Assassination 150: X
BennyTheJett was the (failed) assassinator of the 150th assassination game. He struggled to write good clues, and then "committed suicide" at the end of the game. He hopes to one day get another chance.
In a way, you know, we are all X. We truly are unknown if we do not even know ourselves.
Other Stuff BennyTheJett Does
Outside of Science Olympiad, Benny is an active member of National Honor Society, National Ocean Sciences Bowl, Wind Symphony (He'll also occasionally play with the choir), Jazz Band, and Tennis.
Post HS Plans
Benny plans to get a degree in education, and hopes to teach high school science to the next generation of scientists, mathematicians, doctors, and more. He is currently planning to go to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.