|Years in SO||6|
|Current Team||Blue Valley North High School|
|Past Team(s)||Leawood Middle School|
|Staff Position||Wiki Moderator|
|Events competed in||24|
|Number of competitions||4|
|Number of tests written||2|
In general, HugoTroop has an affinity for earth science and physics events, especially Dynamic Planet/Glaciers. In Division B, they were also somewhat of a builder, participating in events such as Elastic Launched Glider and Bridge Building. Meanwhile, HugoTroop has never been too keen on biology events and is currently sick and tired of chemistry as a whole.
HugoTroop joined Scioly.org in early 2018 but was not active anywhere until 2019 when they began editing the Wiki. In autumn of 2019, they first joined the IRC, and in spring of 2020, were added as a Wiki Moderator. Since then, they also hosted Scioly Assassination 151.
Quick Links, Projects, and Sandboxes
2015 Season (6th Grade)
|Crave the Wave||X||1||3 (4)||33|
|Solar System/Extraterrestrial Water||O|
2016 Season (7th Grade)
|Crave the Wave||2||-||4||2|
|Dynamic Planet/Oceanography||7 (9)||-||X||5|
|Elastic Launched Glider||O (14)||-||5|
|Meteorology/Everyday Weather||5||-||1||1 (3)|
|Wind Power||3||-||3||3 (7)|
2017 Season (8th Grade)
HugoTroop quit Science Olympiad for unknown reasons.
2018 Season (9th Grade)
|Event||O-Town Throwdown||ThunderKat Klash||Pembroke Hill||Northland||Warrensburg||Regionals||State||Nationals|
|Chemistry Lab||O||-||5 (5)||X||O||X||X||X|
|Dynamic Planet/Tectonics||O||-||O (15)||O||O||3||5||28|
2019 Season (10th Grade)
|Event||O-Town Throwdown||ThunderKat Klash||Northland||Warrensburg||Pembroke Hill||Regionals||State||Nationals|
|Chemistry Lab||4 (4)||-||4 (4)||4||5 (5)||-||3 (4)||33|
|Circuit Lab||3 (3)||-||X||X||X||-||X||X|
|Dynamic Planet/Glaciers||7 (7)||-||1 (1)||3||3 (4)||-||1 (1)||6|
|Fermi Questions||X||-||O (12)||O||X||-||X||X|
|Geologic Mapping||1 (1)||-||1 (1)||4||1 (1)||-||1 (1)||22|
|Thermodynamics||4 (4)||-||X||18||10 (10)||-||3 (3)||53|
|Write It Do It||X||-||5 (7)||3||11 (14)||-||7 (7)||X|
2020 Season (11th Grade)
|Event||O-Town Throwdown||Pembroke Hill||Eagles Mini-Tournament||Regionals|
|Circuit Lab||X||7 (7)||O||X|
|Dynamic Planet/Oceanography||4 (4)||2 (2)||2|
|Geologic Mapping||2 (2)||2 (2)||9|
|Machines||6 (7)||1 (1)||3|
|Sounds of Music||13||10 (13)||Not Held||4|
2021 Season (12th Grade)
|Sounds of Music||67||42||14|
- 1: Ranking is unknown as the 4th through 6th place medals were identified by ribbon color and were not labeled.
- 2: Ranks in parenthesis represent the raw ranking, as opposed to the listed ranking outside of the parenthesis. In local invitationals, multiple entries are typically allowed per team per event. Only the highest-scoring entry per team is considered in the listed rank, while all competitors are considered for the raw rank. As such, competitors have a chance to be outranked by their teammates and not receive a listed rank. At the state competition, Kansas splits small and large schools into separate divisions for medals. The divisions are ignored when calculating the raw team scores.
- 3: Rank requirements for medals were different from the usual top 6 at the following tournaments: BEARSO (top 20), SOLVI (top 5), and UChicago (top 10).
- 3rd, Crave the Wave, 6th Grade, Competition Unknown
- 4th, Scrambler, 7th Grade, Competition Unknown
- 4th, Bridge Building, 6th Grade, Competition Unknown
- 5th, Event Unknown, Grade Unknown, Competition Unknown
- 5th, Wind Power, 7th Grade, Competition Unknown
Aside from event supervising, HugoTroop also assisted their middle school as a general helper and event coach for the 2018, 2019, and part of the 2020 seasons.
|2019||Pembroke Hill Invitational (B)||Assistant supervisor for Fossils||SOnerd (Head writer)|
|Pioneer Trail Invitational||Assistant supervisor for Roller Coaster|
|2020||Pioneer Trail Invitational||Assistant supervisor for Circuit Lab|
|2021||Socorro High Invitational||Co-writer for Machines
Co-writer for Science Quiz Bowl
|sciolyperson1 and malikaow1004 (Co-writers) |
RiverWalker88, sciolyperson1, malikaow1004, and Froggie (Co-writers)
A selected list of quotes from various people.
"If what you have done yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today."
"I began to feel the desire for something more; I wanted to do something to make things better."
"I have made a mistake."
"The truth may be puzzling."
"Simply because you do not understand something does not mean you are justified in denying it."
"The best educators are the ones that inspire their students."
"To value oneself solely on an award or achievement is foolish."
"We must be trusted to make the right decisions, especially when the orders we are given are wrong."
"An officer rank doesn't give you automatic respect. You earn it."