Effect of COVID-19 on the 2019-20 season
The outbreak of COVID-19 throughout the United States has affected many tournaments during the 2020 season. Currently, tournaments in Washington, California, New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania have been impacted. Many other tournaments have made declarations on the matter.
Updates for the latest day are shown first. Please provide a source for any additions.
- Pennsylvania cancels the Northwest Pennsylvania Regional for both Division B and Division C. Source
- Pennsylvania cancels the Central East Pennsylvania Regional for Division C. Source
- New Jersey announces that the state tournament will proceed as scheduled, though the awards ceremony has been canceled. Source
- Pennsylvania announces that the Northeast Pennsylvania Regional "plans to reschedule within the next two months." Source
- Connecticut announces that the Division B state tournament will not be held. Source
- California (South) announces that it will not send any teams to the National tournament. Source
- New York announces: Source
- The Division C state tournament is canceled due to the host venue's request
- The Division B state tournament is canceled in expectation of a worsening situation
- The Mid-Hudson and Mid-Western Division B regionals are currently set to take place as scheduled.
- The Lower Hudson Division B regional is postponed indefinitely
- NY has informed the national organization that they will not be sending teams to the National Tournament.
- Pennsylvania cancels the Northeast Pennsylvania Regional for both Division B and Division C. Rescheduling is planned within two months. Source
- Indiana indicates that the state tournament is scheduled to run as planned. Source
- Florida indicates that as of the time of that writing the FL state tournament is planned to take place as scheduled. Source
- Maine indicates that as of the time of writing, the Maine state tournament is still planned to take place. Source
- Illinois indicates at the time of writing that all state competitions are planned to take place as scheduled and that they are monitoring the situation. Source
- California (South) announces state tournament cancellation after consultation with host. Source
- Southern California will not reschedule its state tournament and will not send any teams to the 2020 national tournament, according to a statement on March 9 Source
- North Carolina announces that they are monitoring the situation but at the time of writing have no plans of cancelling the NC state tournament or National Tournament. Source