Grand Haven High School
|Grand Haven High School|
|Member of SO since||1986|
|Best regional||1st, 2015 (Most Recent Time)|
|Best state||1st, 2014 (Most Recent Time)|
|Best nationals||1st, 1993-1994, 1997|
Grand Haven High School, located in Grand Haven, Michigan, has been a national contender since 1991. The team competes in Division C and has placed consistently at the regional, state, and national level.
Grand Haven can claim three national titles, which they won in a span of five years.
- 1: Higher scores were more desirable at this competition
- 2: The event Sumo Bots was made a trial event
- Grand Haven High School's Science Olympiad program started in the 1986 season, making 2016 the 31st year of the program.
- Grand Haven High School has won the National title three times; in 1993, 1994, and 1997.
- Grand Haven's first National title, in 1993, was won by beating Irmo High School in an overall tiebreaker (three first places to two).
- Despite winning the National title in 1993 and 1994, Grand Haven did not get its first state title until 1995.
- Grand Haven currently has five National runner-up titles (1996, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010), the most in the nation.
- From 1991 to 2015, Grand Haven had attended every national tournament, coming to a total of twenty-five appearances at the National tournament.
- Grand Haven High School has 17 state titles.
- Grand Haven's longest streak of state champion titles is 9 years (2006-2014).
- Grand Haven has never failed to qualify for the state tournament.
- Grand Haven High School has won the Michigan Science Olympiad Region 12 Tournament twenty-four times.
- Grand Haven's longest streak of regional titles is 11 years (2005-2015).
<spoiler text="2016 Event Placements">
|Anatomy and Physiology||2nd||4th|
|It's About Time||1st||21st|
|Write It Do It||19th||2nd|
</spoiler> <spoiler text="2015 Event Placements">
|Anatomy and Physiology||5th||21st|
|It's About Time||15th||25th|
|Technical Problem Solving||5th||10th|
|Write It Do It||3rd||5th|
</spoiler> <spoiler text="2014 Event Placements">
|Anatomy and Physiology||2nd||18th|
|Elastic Launched Glider||13th||21st|
|Rocks and Minerals||2nd||18th|
|Technical Problem Solving||7th||8th|
|Write It Do It||3rd||5th|
</spoiler> <spoiler text="2013 Event Placements">
|Anatomy and Physiology||1st||5th|
|Elastic Launched Glider||5th||24th|
|Rocks and Minerals||5th||14th|
|Technical Problem Solving||16th||35th|
|Write It Do It||3rd||33rd|
</spoiler> <spoiler text="2012 Event Placements">
|Anatomy and Physiology||4th||5th|
|Rocks and Minerals||1st||4th|
|Sounds of Music||2nd||9th|
|Technical Problem Solving||18th||28th|
|Write It Do It||12th||3rd|