Difference between revisions of "Northwest Florida Regional"
(Added trial events section)
(Replaced State Regions template with Tournaments of Florida template)
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 362:||Line 362:|
[[Category: Regional Pages]]
[[Category: Regional Pages]]
Latest revision as of 14:04, 9 October 2019
The Northwest Florida Regional is a regional tournament hosted at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida, where it has been held since the tournament was created. It serves the state's Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Washington, Bay, Jackson, Calhoun, Gulf, Gadsden, Liberty, and Franklin counties. The current Division B champion is Jim C. Bailey Middle School, a two-time champion from Pensacola, who last won the tournament in 2015. The Division B champion has been consistently changing over the years, with 5 schools having held the position at some time. The current Division C champion is Chiles High School, a school from Tallahassee, that has never previously held the title. Similar to the tournament's Division B champion, the Division C champion is constantly changing. Compared with some of Florida's other regionals, the amount of schools participating in this regional can be seen as low, with only a few schools participating in each division.
Another element of this regional tournament that is different than Florida's other regional tournaments is the amount of events that are not held at the regional. Since 2012, there have been at least 6 events that are not held at the tournament, with the number sometimes reaching as high as 14 or 15 events not held per division in a given year. The number of these events has appeared to be decreasing since the tournament's start.
- 1 Gulf Breeze Middle School's second team came second with 22 points
- 2 Gulf Breeze Middle School's third team came third with 24 points
- 3 Gulf Breeze Middle School's second team came third with 30 points
- 4 Gulf Breeze Middle School's second team came second with 38 points
- 5 Gulf Breeze Middle School's third team came third with 53 points
- 6 Sacred Heart Cathedral School's second team (Red) came second with 116 points
- 7 Jim C. Bailey Middle School's second team (Team A) came third with 116 points
- 1 Pensacola High School's second team came third with 31 points
- 2 Gulf Breeze High School's second team came fourth with 35 points
- 3 James S. Rickards High School's second team came third with 42 points
- 4 James S. Rickards High School's second team came third with 45 points
- 5 James S. Rickards High School's second team (Blue) came third with 41 points
- 6 Gulf Breeze High School's second team (GBHS 2) came fourth with 48 points
- 7 James S. Rickards High School's second team (Blue) came second with 64 points
No trial events have ever been held at this regional.
Events Not Held
- Division B
- Division C
Events Not Held in Past Years
|2011||University of West Florida|