The Best of 2020
This is a collection of pictures and videos of devices
that placed in the top ten at the 2020 National Tournament at North Carolina State University.
The Best of Nationals pages highlight the best devices for building events from recent national tournaments. All photos and videos of devices on these pages are submitted by users. If possible, when submitting please include a description about your device.
With the National Tournament cancelled, we are allowing any users to submit their own devices to this page because everyone benefits when we share.
- 1 Boomilever (Division B)
- 2 Boomilever (Division C)
- 3 Detector Building (Division C)
- 4 Gravity Vehicle (Division C)
- 5 Elastic Launched Glider (Division B)
- 6 Machines (Division B)
- 7 Machines (Division C)
- 8 Mission Possible (Division B)
- 9 Mousetrap Vehicle (Division B)
- 10 Ping Pong Parachute (Division B)
- 11 Ping Pong Parachute (Division C)
- 12 Protein Modeling (Division C)
- 13 Sounds of Music (Division C)
- 14 Water Quality (Division B)
- 15 Water Quality (Division C)
- 16 Wright Stuff (Division C)
Boomilever (Division B)
Boomilever (Division C)
Detector Building (Division C)
Detector Building - MoMoney
In this Detector, I used a type of circuit that I thought might help potentially bring up the analog signal scaling, to widen the ADC readings. I used an Op-Amp (with a consistent 9 volt input), which helps to scale up the Analog readings which in the long term helps get a more specific temperature. In the case shown in the circuit I scaled up the circuit by 3 times the original range, which helped make the detector 3 times as accurate as it was before. However, it was kept in mind that an Op-Amp must be specifically wired for the type of cirucit in mind, since many design issues were and can be made.
Gravity Vehicle (Division C)
Gravity Vehicle - MTV<=>Operator
School: Townsend Harris High School
Best score in practice: 3.5
Average score in practice: 14
Thanks to my partner moonstar1222
Gravity Vehicle - User:CPScienceDude
This was my vehicle for Gravity Vehicle for the 2020 season. For how messed up it looks, it performed really well. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!
School: Crown Point High School
Best score in practice: 3
Average score in practice: 10